Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flight socks on Singapore Air??

Default Flight socks on Singapore Air??

Hi guys,

We fly in 2wks and spoke with someone who recently flew with BA/Quantas and they said they got a little goody bag which had flight socks in it. We are flying with Singapore and wondered if they did the same?

Thanks Amanda xx

Hi Again
    yes!!! we all got one pair on the plane from heathrow to singapore and one pair each from singapore to nz pus i i remember right toothbrushes and tooth paste and they had bic razors in sealed packets in the loos and after shave and cologne.They were brill and never stopped coming around with drinks and snacks in between meals .And our baggage was well overweight and they never charged us. just said are you emigrating we said yes and she just said good luck and let us off.

Amanda are you talking flight socks to stop DVT, or are we talking about socks similar to bed socks, cos if you are talking about the latter then thats what you get. Nice purple in colour.

Kim

yep you get " foot covers " not DVT socks..these need to be the right size, too smzll or big and they dont work( If too small they can cause a DVT I belive)

You can get DVT sock at the chemist

Still got mine somewhere.... I have travelled with Singapore and Emirates and I much prefered Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by leachio View Post
    Hi guys,

We fly in 2wks and spoke with someone who recently flew with BA/Quantas and they said they got a little goody bag which had flight socks in it. We are flying with Singapore and wondered if they did the same?

Thanks Amanda xx
    Do you get anything similar with Air NZ ??
    Little one will be thrilled!

Sharon

We've got a real collection of 'purple socks' I'm waiting for them to be a fashion item!!!! Then again they may come in this winter as bed socks if it gets as cold as everyone says!!

Thanks, it was more the dvt ones i thought about, also anyone travelled with kiddies did they have dvt socks?

Amanda x

Hi I read somewhere that kids can't get DVT as they are too fidgety. You only get it when you sit still for too long.

Might need to check with the pharmaist.

Question another question about what you get on Singapore Air..

I am packing for our trip and wondering if I need to take toothbrushes and toothpaste on plane (and for transit hotel in Singapore) or do they provide you with anything like that?

Need to know how much as only allowed 100ml of liquid/gel/paste with new regs and have to put it all in clear bag etc. So if its provided on the plane it gives me more of my allowance for other things (mascara, deodrants, lotions etc)

Also - anyone thats stayed in transit hotel... for same reasons as above, can you tell me if rooms provide shampoo, shower gel etc.

Many thanks
    packing Vicki

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast