Thread: NZQA Assessment

Default NZQA Assessment

Hello all

Please could we have some help. Our ITA states that "Smc applications without a job offer that claim bonus points for work experience will now require a full NZQA assessment". I then went on the NZQA website and cannot find out how to apply etc. I also understand that it can take ages. Does it also cost? Would it be a lot easier to get a job offer? OH is an Electrician with all the necessary in this country. Thank you

check this out for info on the topic. Also they now take 30 working days (not calender)to assess the quals for a cost of $450 or you can pay $150 extra and get it done in 10 working days. Hope this helps. Regards,

Default thank u

thank you stu70 diamond geezer. I have checked it out but am still unsure if we do need to get NZQA full assessment. I think we have to as we have claimed bonus points for it

I am almost sure it will need a full assessment. The pre EOI one is just to help with EOI. If you look at the purpose of this, it is always better (now with the new rules)to get the full service. Unfortunately it ain't cheap is it? You are talking about 600 bucks for two week service. Good luck with your process.

Default Not Cheap

No Stu it certainly aint cheap. There's even a cost for returning all docs and photocopying if you don't supply. My Hubby is very worried about sending all his certificates to the other side of the world. It does seem to be very daunting as if they get lost we can go nowhere! Have you done this process?

No I have not done the assessment thingy as I plan to go only if someone offers me a job first (I would not bother claiming the bonus points but still get through the EOI due to higher points for job). As for sending the doco, please photocopy them at your end prior to sending them..why pay 50 bucks or more just for them to do that for you when you could do it for less than 5 bucks. The assessment fee is really a scam. They should charge a nominal fee like say 25 bucks. Alternatively, give people credit for this fee when they apply for PR and adjust it against the "head tax". But then it won't make NZ govt rich. And isn't that the whole purpose?

NZQA's standard charge is usually around $150 per hour, so a full assessment pays for 3 hours of their time.
    This is also charged for most work they do for schools in NZ.