Thread: Questions Regarding Maximum Age and Sponsorship

Default Questions Regarding Maximum Age and Sponsorship

Hello everyone...I have three questions that I hope someone can answer...I have searched the offical NZIS website, but could not find the answers...First, "Is there a maximum age limit for spouses under the Partnership Category?"...Second, "Am I required to sponsor my husband under the same category"...Third, if I am required to be a sponsor, how can I sponsor him since we are both living currently in the U.S. and have no NZ employment?...Thanks in advance for your answers...Cheers, Kiwi-In-Texas.

Hi there - I'm a Kiwi sponsoring my partner into NZ

a) - don't know about the age limit as we're in our early 30s so not an issue, sorry.

b) not sure what you mean by this, but if you mean "do I have to sponsor him under partnership category" then the answer is "no" he could apply on his own as a skilled migrant and get his blue sticker that way, but the requirements are easier if you go via partnership. He doesn't have to get points for qualification, age, job offer etc. All you need to do is prove you're in a stable and loving relationship for at least the past 12 months

c) you don't have to be in NZ and/or working in NZ to sponsor a partner (you do for parent, sibling etc). I've been working in the UK for the past 10 years but the idea for the partnership policy is that when I want to come back to NZ, they will let my partner join me.

NZIS told me at one of the expos that they are REALLY keen to get Kiwis to come home, so do all they can to approve partnership applications so that's you're best change - as long as you really can prove your relationship is genuine.

Hiya Kiwi-In-Texas,

I don't believe there is an age limit to be a sponsor in the partnership category, as long as you're over the minimum age (which is 18 I think).

Not sure about your second question though, I'm pretty much in agreement with wiki on that one.

You can be living anywhere in the world to sponsor your partner under partnership policy (my partner and I were living in London at the time). As long as you meet all the basic requirements (length of time together, commitment to the relationship ect). You just need to say you'll guarantee to be your partners sponsor and support them when you get to NZ.

Hope this helps a bit,

Jen

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi-In-Texas View Post
    Hello everyone...I have three questions that I hope someone can answer...I have searched the offical NZIS website, but could not find the answers...First, "Is there a maximum age limit for spouses under the Partnership Category?"...Second, "Am I required to sponsor my husband under the same category"...Third, if I am required to be a sponsor, how can I sponsor him since we are both living currently in the U.S. and have no NZ employment?...Thanks in advance for your answers...Cheers, Kiwi-In-Texas.

Hi wiki and urban...Many thanks for your replies...Both were very helpful...We will be applying for my husband under the Partnership Category at the beginning of July this year...We are doing all the research we can at present to make this process as smooth as is possible for us...We have all the proof of a long and stable relationship and have proof that will be able to support ourselves when we arrive in NZ.
    Once again thanks for your helpful advice.

Cheers,

Suzanne.