Thread: Family Start Programmes

Default Family Start Programmes

Hello,

I wonder if anyone could help, I currently work for a government initiative- SureStart-, and have been researching, and believe I may have found the equivalent in NZ, called 'Family Start Programmes'. Has anybody heard of these programmes, or seen any evidence of them...I have been emailing every persons name I come accross in new zealand that may be involved and have had no response. They tend to be for children under five years and in some cases are in what are considered to be disadvantaged areas or rural areas.Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks

j and G x

I applied for a job (unsuccessfully) with a Family Start Program in Dunedin. Their contact info is below. I don't know much about the program except what was in the job description . . .

Family Start is a jointly funded government initiative designed to enable families with young children to access a comprehensive range of welfare, health, education and other necessary services, according to their needs.

All Family Start workers are governed by the Family Start contract outcomes which are that:

• Children will have improved health, education and social outcomes.
    • Parents will have improved parenting capability and practice.
    • Parents will have improved their personal and family circumstances.

Families may be involved with the Family Start service from between 1-5 years. Participation is at all times voluntary and families may decline to accept services at any time.

Family Start in Dunedin has a current staff of 20 and it is structured on a “team basis”, the Supervisors of each team report directly to the Manager of the Service.

Anglican Family Care
    PO Box 5219
    36 Bath Street
    Dunedin 9058
    Ph: (03) 477 0801
    Fax: (03) 477 0888
    Email: familycare@familycare.co.nz

Thank you sooooo much for reply...at least I now know that they exist! I just keep plodding along and trying to contact them!