Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheap flights to NZ?

Default Cheap flights to NZ?

Hi
    Is there such a thing as cheap flights to NZ? We are trying to organise our reccy trip for July 2007. We are lucky because my OH has a few family in NZ so we will be meeting up with and staying with them and they are going to help us get around.
    Is there a 'cheap' or cheaper time to fly? (by this I mean flights around £600ish) I am a Teacher and restricted to holidays end of June to August (not that I am complaining about this )
    Would we be best going with a travel company or booking flights online? sorry if this has been covered before. We would prefer to fly with Singapore Airlines from the recommendations on this site

Lisa x

Try www.expedia.co.uk, we have booked a few things with them, and they are generally one of the cheapest.

Either that or try http://www.trailfinders.com/ not used them myself, but know a few that have, and have been happy with them.

The cheapest that we recently found was through Air New Zealand's website. The price we got was less than Expedia, Travelocity, and local travel agents.

Mark.

I like going through the airline directly, you can get a better price, and you don't pay fees to a middleman like expedia and traveosity.(their prices are hidden in the cost of ticket) Most airlines offer web specials, and I think NZ winter is a pretty cheap time to fly (with ANZ and Quantas anyway) You might want to ease on the Singapore Air and even consider flying through LA if money is tight, as ANZ has some very low prices with that route.
    Have a great trip!
    Ana

Thanks everyone for all of your replies. We wanted to avoid going via LA as others have said it was a bit a nightmare with security issues etc, also we have a three year old and the recommendations suggest that Singapore Airlines are best if you are flying with young children?? We did intend to do a stopover and the hotel in Singapore Airport looks good. Will speak to OH and we try come to some decision

Thanks again for your replies and if anyone has any experiences good or bad with particular airlines especially with young children in tow it would be great to hear

Lisa x

Hi Lisa and Andy
    This is just from personal experience - but avoid going via LA if possible, my OH went with BA and got stuck in a couple of hours of security check queues and ended up missing his Qantas connection to Auckland. Luckily they managed to find him a later seat on an ANZ flight but the delays and frustration were horrendous - Oh and LAX is dump, so i would personally not consider this option with children, unless the deal was too good to be true!

We are flying out later this year, and hope to use Singapore Airlines with a nice stopover, as recommended by others on this forum.
    Let me know how you go on with prices etc, I always go to Trailfinders first as they tend to be pretty consisitent.

Keep in touch
    LesleyS

Quote Originally Posted by LesleyS View Post
    Hi Lisa and Andy
    This is just from personal experience - but avoid going via LA if possible, my OH went with BA and got stuck in a couple of hours of security check queues and ended up missing his Qantas connection to Auckland. Luckily they managed to find him a later seat on an ANZ flight but the delays and frustration were horrendous - Oh and LAX is dump, so i would personally not consider this option with children, unless the deal was too good to be true!

We are flying out later this year, and hope to use Singapore Airlines with a nice stopover, as recommended by others on this forum.
    Let me know how you go on with prices etc, I always go to Trailfinders first as they tend to be pretty consisitent.

Keep in touch
    LesleyS

Thanks LesleyS! I am thinking Singapore Airlines too and with a very active three year old boy in tow a stopover is quitre necessary. I will let you know how I get on with flight searching

Lisa x

Hey Lisa,

Thanks for that - keep me updated, and i will let you know if I find anything myself!

Have a nice weekend

LesleyS x

will second all of the above but would add that you are wishing to travel in July and that is the second busiest time after Christmas. Its a good time for the epats in the UK to fly home and visit during the UK long summer holidays, consequently its one of the most expensive, any chance you could come outside of the school holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by veronica View Post
    will second all of the above but would add that you are wishing to travel in July and that is the second busiest time after Christmas. Its a good time for the epats in the UK to fly home and visit during the UK long summer holidays, consequently its one of the most expensive, any chance you could come outside of the school holidays.
    Hi Veronica
    Unfortunately, I am confined to the school holidays as I am a Teacher (not complaining about holidays) and school holidays are usually the most expensive time to fly I will keep searching!

Lisa x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast