Thread: World of Wearable Art

Talking World of Wearable Art

World of Wearable Art tickets are on sale. They sell out long before the show in September. We saw it last year and loved it. It's in Welly again this year. It's not a fashion show - more a big costume and music extravaganza. (I hear they aren't having the crazy bra category this time though?)

Is this the show that was on Billy Connelly's World tour of NZ? If so it looked brilliant and I'd love to see it. I assume you need tickets?

Click on World of Wearable Art in my post above to go to their site and tickets. (Not sure about Connelly... Can't remember - maybe because I saw that dvd the second night after I arrived in NZ last year. Bit of a blur...)

I went last year too, and it was fantastic. Even my partner who is so not into fashion or clothes (which this really isn't anyway) enjoyed it.
    Unfortunately this year it clashes with our trip to Europe so I shan't be able to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Nettie View Post
    Is this the show that was on Billy Connelly's World tour of NZ? If so it looked brilliant and I'd love to see it. I assume you need tickets?
    I think he went to the museum of wearable art in Nelson instead of the actual yearly show.

Wish we were closer as I'd love to go... WoW was the first ever thing I saw on NZ television when we arrived in Sept 04

hmmm - i like the idea but for that much money i think there are other things we'd rather do/see