Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chocolate

Default Chocolate

My husband is a chocoholic and really loves Cadburys chocolate. Is Cadburys chocolate available in NZ? If so this might be the leverage I need for him to finally say yes to the move.

Yes we have a factory here on the South Island, however, NZ & Aussie Cadbury's is different from UK Cadbury's - it doesn't contain vegetable fat, which makes the flavour different (personally I prefer it a lot better here but some people don't). Evidently, from speaking with my Aussie bro-in-law previously, they have to have a different recipe at least for Aussie (don't know if its the same for NZ) so that the choccie doesn't melt on the shelves since its so hot over there most of the time.

Something you can tempt hubby with is the range of different flavours of Cadbury's that you can't get in Europe - Their big blocks of choccie are on sale at most supermarkets most weeks for about $2.99. They have Rocky Road flavour (yum - my fave!!), Black Forest, Turkish Delight flavour, Cashew nut flavour, Mint Chips, there's a 3 layer one can't remember the name but its got white, milk & dark choccie in it, Old Gold (dark choccie), Lemon Cheesecake flavour, Chocolate Fudge Cake flavour, Banoffee Pie flavour, Caramel Whip, Caramello (like Cadbury's Caramel), Coconut Rough, Crunchie, Dream, Dairy Milk Mousse, Peppermint, Roast Almond, oh and then there's Moro bars - like Mars bars but I think nicer...

(Yes I am a chocoholic!!) so if that's not enough to tempt him over here I don't know what will!!

I am a big fan of Whittikers (sp) chocolate, found in grocery stores in NZ, but this is coming from an American, and I know UK/UK/NZ have VERY different chocolate!
    Ana

I wonder if it different flavour like the USA "Cadburys"..?
    As i got to USA once thinking "yumm cadburys dairy milk on holiday!" Took one bite and was nearly sick, as it was nothing like UK genuine Cadburys.

Hey ho, not going to NZ for Choccy, but hell it would help!

We love choccy and you can taste the difference but we go trhough a large amount every week so it cant be bad. Lok for it on special offer at countdown .Think we have tried every flavour now just didnt like cheesecake flavour YUK!!!

I eventually got round to trying the famous Marshmallow eggs, YUM. Oh and Moro bars are nice too (bit like a Boost bar), especially the gold ones.

apart from that I dont bother..

I was very very sad when I first tasted NZ Cadburys chocolate - I thought it tasted absolutely disgusting - my OH used to think the same of UK Cadburys but now copes quite well to devour the stuff! Just what you're used to I suppose but I'm certain my chocolate consumption will reduce drastically when we move - ah well, good for the waistline i guess!

I brought a stash of cadburys from the uk, and friends brought me another two huge 1KG bars when they came in Feb. I'm sorry to say I thinkthe cadburys here is YUCK!! It tastes like cheap Advent calender chocolate, that Kinnerton stuff - truely horrible, but the kids can't taste the difference.

But there is other chocolate around which is nice, and like everything else I'm sure over time i will get used to the taste - but not till I've eaten my stash anyway!

On the other hand, we all LOVE the choccie here! Cadbury, Whittakers, Pams Acorched Almonds etc etc!

Gil

I thought the NZ Cadburys was yuck also. But I soon got use to it, in a way the chocolate itself isn't so bad its more the shock of eating it out of cadburys wrapper if you see what I mean?

Funnily enough on my trip back to the UK I ate a bar of UK Cadburys without thinking and thought 'yuck what's this?!' After a lifetime of loving it I've come to the conclusion I'm pretty fickle.

My fave is still galaxy though and they don't have any of that here, so I always get somone to bring some over. In fact I've probably had more galaxy here than I did in the UK because people keep sending me it!

Cheers

Tia

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast