Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2 dogs UK- NZ

So sorry to hear about Brin.

Alex, my old boxer, died last year of kidney failure. Dinah, my bitch had never spent a day without him. She still misses him and so do I.

Know just how you must be feeling, Veronica.

Love,

Julie

xx

PS.
    This piccy was taken on Christmay Day 2004 on the field behind our house.

Thanks for the 'hugs' etc. Brin was a dog with a huge personality so there is a big gap.
    Chippie is 'having therapy' by being taken with one or the other of us whereever we go and the people next door, who are great neighbours, have had him into play with their dogs. how daft are we. he is still a bit of a lost soul though

ok further footnote on here. We left chippie as an only dog for 2 months and then in late may started looking for a free to a good home puppy or rescue one. after about 2 days karen (curtis) emailed to say there were some advertised in her local paper in Darfield. Pete, me and Chippie drove over to a farm over hororata !!way and came home with an 8 week old, very smelly (been kept in the disused pigstye with 7 brothers and sisters) , plump, labradorX huntaway pup.
    Chippie accepted him as a playmate straight away and after a week as a sleeping companion (provided he didn't encroach on his space). after a few more weeks they just curled up as a ball of 'dog'. He is a much happier dog and the puppy is now 4 1/2 moths old and as big as chip and still growing. he has a very happy and affectionate personality and is quite bright and once he gets the 'teenage' rambunctiousness out of his system looks like being a good pet. Just HUGE, still got feet like dinner plates or as the vet put it, hmm he looks like his feet would make good snowshoes.

Veronica,

I'm gald everything has worked out for 'Chippie', have just read the link from start to finish and shed a tear or two, we are planning to bring our Miniture Schnauzer with us.

Unless you've had dogs don't think people realise how much unconditional love they bring and how much heartache they leave when thier gone, no amount of money could replace that.

Good luck with the puppie training, plently of news paper on the floor.

seeing as we run and live in a Backpackers newspaper on the floor wasn't an option, we have had to just watch like a hawk and the first sign of sniffing the floor the poor little mite was scooped up and shoved in the garden. has been interesting I can tell you. still think we are past that worst of that now and getting to the hooligan stage.

Oh I fully understand where you're coming from. Our puppy was only seven inches high and he managed to tear up two kithchen floors and the wallpaper off the walls.

Our first dog Max, an Alsaian Collie X, eat his way through a pine kitchen table, welsh dresser and my drill cable. We tried everything from mustard to pepper. In the end we had to buy a mussel for him to wear when we went out.

hiya, just went back to this thread a almost a year down the line. Flash, the 'puppy' has ended up huge. he is very cute and although bigger than Chippie by 10 kg chippie still has the upper hand when it counts. Chip still doesn't like being the top dog though and finds it a big responsibility.

An interesting footnote in that everyone who has visited that chippie knew in the UK he has gone loopy when he has seen them. Wiith the exception of my daughter and her partner (and one other) who visited at Christmas and they are the ones who put him in the box and took him to the airport.

He obviously remembered what had happened and thought they were going to do it to him again for the first day as he wouldn't look at them or acknowlege them at all. Not until the next morning when he sneaked into their room and crept up onto the bed. The other person he was worried about was Kerrys friend Kay who had been round our house a lot while Kerry was packing up the house for us. She got the same treatment to a lesser degree when she visited a few weeks back. So they obviously have different reactions to these things. Brin was a lot older but he had been fine, he took everything in his stride and not a day goes by without we miss him.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234