Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 dogs UK- NZ

Default 2 dogs UK- NZ

We have started the ball rolling for bringing the dogs over from the UK. They are both large so its not cheap. We are in NZ and are having to leave all of the tests, samples collecting, vets visits to our daughter who is in the family home in Essex. before Pete and I left for NZ Kerry and I went to the Vet and had a good chat with him so we all knew what was going on. Now the house has a buyer and we are in a position to receive the dogs here we have started the procedures. As I said Kerry has got the wonderful job of collecting samples and taking the dogs to the Vets for blood tests. We are bringing them out with Ladyhaye at Heathrow, out of 3 or 4 places that I applied to they are the only ones who bothered to reply. They have given Kerry the schedule to follow and booked the flight etc. The arrangements at present are for Kerry to drive round to pick up the travel crates a few days before to get them used to them and to get them smelling of home and she will take them to the airport to catch the flight and meet the ladyhayes/customs or whatever there.

We have at this end been contacted by the MAF who have given us a list of times and procedures for picking the dogs up. I really feel bad about putting them through the journey as I know it will be hard for them, but it is after all just a short time in the big scheme of things. We will let people know how things progress as it happens.

Yes, please do keep us updated. I will be brining my dog over when I move - probably September of 2005. I know what all is involved - cost (ouch!), tests, transport, etc. I know the process will be somewhat different coming from the UK, but still would like to hear about how well things go.

I plan on hiring a pet transport company to handle most of the details. Figured that's the safest bet. Unfortunatley, they charge $400 for their service (on top of the cost of everything). On the whole, it's going to cost $3500 USD. Ugh.

J

OK. right all the fees and fares have been paid, the dogs have had the necessary blood and fecal test, the flea stuffs etc and they are now on the way. received this from our daughter who is dealing with the UK side of things for us.
    Kerry says:
    hello. dogs are there. they went in the box at 1.30 we tryed to stay longer but that was when the vet was there to seal the boxes. they have not had 2nd tablet today as vet advised against it on empty stomach. they will be in plane raeady to take off in 7 mins!!! the collor/harness and leads are strapped to the boxes as is the remaining rymydol tablets.
    Kerry says:
    they were walked and fed b4 9 this morning.
    Kerry says:
    both did their business on walk so hope they can wait till they get to you. i have put puppy pad in boxes then lots of newspaper then a vet bed each. vet bed was very expensive but its soft and does not hold moisture (vet recommended it) they get checked once in LA, were water if filled. there are 5 dogs on flight they met one of them.

Kerry says:
    x

So now I am sitting here feeling terribly worried about their feelings, they must feel that Kerry has deserted them and can't wait to get them from the airport tomorrow morning. they arrive in Auckland on the 5.15 am flight but wont get to chch before 10.20am. we have been advised to get there to pick them up for 11 but I think we will be there before that. even if we have to wait. Raeven give them a wave for us.
    I will post tomorrow with more info about procedures and how they are.

Bet you are looking forward to a very sloppy re-union Veronica!!!

Carol

Just shows how bad I feel, managed to post it twice and couldn't concentrate on reading the other posts properly on the forum, how do I take the duplicate post off please.

Hi, veronica,

I will wave like mad!!! If we keep having these annoying earthquakes, I'll be jumping on the plane with them!!

Hang in there, sis, it will all be a distant memory for them and for you soon!!!

With wishes for uneventful doggie journeys, Rae

Hi hope it all goes ok for you. I am also dreading the time when i take my three to golden arrow. The vetbeds sound like a good idea could you be so kind as to send some details of where you got them etc? all the best and give them a hug from me when they arrive.

Hi hope it all goes ok for you. I am also dreading the time when i take my three to golden arrow. The vetbeds sound like a good idea could you be so kind as to send some details of where you got them etc? all the best and give them a hug from me when they arrive.

Soon as I can get the info from Kerry I will. She has been a star about all this as the dogs are her family too.

Quote Originally Posted by veronica
    Just shows how bad I feel, managed to post it twice and couldn't concentrate on reading the other posts properly on the forum, ENZ, how do I take the duplicate post off please.
    Done - now Veronica, please, please tell me where you can get Galaxy chocolate. :hopeso

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast