Thread: Car Shipping Quotes & Recommendations

Default Car Shipping Quotes & Recommendations

Can anyone recommend a shipper for a car from the UK to Wellington?

Also, if people have any quotes to hand, they'd be appreciated.

Car:
    To:
    Quote:
    Company:
    Telephone/Website:

New Zealand Charges (if known):

We're selling ours, sniff... but we did get a price just incase:

Car: BMW 3 Series
    To: Wellington
    Quote: £1,666
    Company: PSS
    Telephone/Website: Don't know (sorry no paperwork with me at work) but they are in Croydon, Surrey.

Not sure about charges when you get there but I'm sure they'll be able to tell you...

Hi Tyagiuk

can't recommend as we havent shipped yet but we had a quote from Karmann Shipping of around £1500 for one car or £2500 approx for two cars. From London to Auckland.

Sorry don't have the quote to hand so have no contact details but a search will find them.

The type of car does not seem to make much difference, we are shipping two Porsche 928s, but in terms of how much space they take up in a container and how much they weigh its the same as most other cars. Two cars seem to go cheaper 'cos they can both go in one 40ft container. I guess you could probably ship 4 smart cars for £2500!

The only difference will be in the insurance.

Still struggling withe NZ end of things especially the Approval side of things. I know the cars comply with NZ standards and have the requisite codes on the Vin plate but I am uncertain as to wether I need to get them certified before they are shipped.

Cheers

Jon

http://www.ltsa.govt.nz/publications...13-europe.html

is a link to the New Zealand land transport site that gives you an idea of what you will need to do to import a vehicle to new Zealand.

LC class = motorbikes
    MA class = normal passenger cars upto 9 seats inc driver
    MB class = forward control vehicle (mini bus like toyota previa/transit van with seats) normally upto 12 seats and under 3500kg GVM
    MC class = 4WD vehicles (Pajero/trooper/dicovery)

Near a North Island beach, in New Zealand

Check out the thread I started in the 'Price of things in New Zealand' forum before deciding whether to bring your car with you.

It looks like it is cheaper to ship a car than it is to ship a dog.

I thought if you had space in your container, you could pop your car into it and they build racking around it not to waste space.

or am i way off the mark?

John

Beach Kiwi

Check out the thread I started in the 'Price of things in New Zealand' forum before deciding whether to bring your car with you.
    Sound advice - I did and thats why I am not shipping my Range Rover which will be cheaper to replace in NZ than I can sell it for here.

Rimbo

I thought if you had space in your container, you could pop your car into it and they build racking around it not to waste space.
    You need to consider that the average car is long enough that if say you need a twenty foot container for your belongings adding a car will mean you need a 40 foot container which costs more! Unless you pack the container your self and fitt stuff around on top of/around the car........

Jon
    Job in Auckland starts 1 March. PR awaited (Wife is a kiwi) 3 weeks until I apply for a fast track work visa - New employer is an accredited employer.