Thread: Woodburner - Osburn 2200

Default Woodburner - Osburn 2200

Has anyone got one of these. We are replacing ours and this seems to be the one to give out the most heat. It's more expensive than others we have looked at and I was just wondering if it was worth the extra expense.

Quote Originally Posted by willsken View Post
    Has anyone got one of these. We are replacing ours and this seems to be the one to give out the most heat. It's more expensive than others we have looked at and I was just wondering if it was worth the extra expense.
    when you say you are replacing yours - do you mean you are replacing another make or is that your model?

I am asking - as I was going to replace our multifuel burner - but when a guy came round - he said ours was a good model - and that all it needed was the fire bricks replacing (he even gave us a place where we should be able to get replacement bricks, which was nice of him considering his advise lost him a sale

Kat

Kat we are getting a freestanding one. We want to move it to the middle of the openplan room we have. The one in the wall at the end of the room just doesn't give off enough heat.

We're looking burners atm but not come across that one....link?

http://www.bbqfactory.co.nz/Indoor_H...res%5B2%5D.htm

That's the one but we will get it in a shop in Waipuk.

Very nice....the bay window looks gorgeous. We're planning on this kent one.

I love woodburners (but not chopping wood....have a sore right hand already)

They're lovely aren't they. Can't wait to get it fitted. We need one that may stand a chance of heating the flat as well. Time will tell. Are you going with the wetback option?

has any one tried one of those pellet stoves. I read in the Herald that they are the most environmentally friendly wood stove options, and apparently heat well also. am thinking about getting one of those.

I read up on them a little but they didn't seem to be able to compete in the heat output stakes.

Ideally we'd have a wet back and solar water heating to avoid the costly immersion but I think that will have to be a future upgrade, so we'll get one that can have a wetback added (can't remember now whether that would be the next model up) later.

If you live rurally there's loads of free firewood for grabs too so I suppose that would be another disadvantage to pellet burners as I presume you buy in the pellets?