Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonight we're eating...

Default Tonight we're eating...

(was unsure where this should go)

Snapper with passionfruit and chili sauce with garlic roasted snips, kumara, silver beet and green beans. Followed by rhubarb and feijoa crumble.

Sounds like a posh restaurant but the snapper was a cheap from dh's work (fresh this am), snips, green beans and kumara from veg shed, silver beet and rhubarb from friend's garden, feijoa gathered from playcentre while cleaning this am and the chili sauce and passionfruit sauce were a couple of dollars and will last yonks.

What are you eating for dinner?

Shepherds pie.

That makes my chicken pie and mash sound a bit scruffy! Didn't even make the pie - bought from local baker this morning (but they are darned good pies!!).

Lucky you getting such fresh fish, that's something I miss here in inland Canterbury.. craving monkfish now

Three months ago we were vegetarians. We quickly were tempted by the fish here and then have found gelatine so hard to avoid (on a small budget, don't panic if you're vegetarian and coming here on anything but the poverty line), that we've decided to turn a blind eye to it. There's even gelatine in the cream and yoghurt!!!!!!

Good question. Think I'm going to do pitta pizzas for the kids in a minute. As for the adults - I haven't got a clue. Looks like it could be a beans on toast night... We do eat well a lot of the time though!!

Fish & chip night! yum! Followed by homemade fudge if there's any room!

tonight is badmonton club night 7-10 so i'll have a couple of slices of toast now and maybe some soup when i get home. thursdays are not exciting foodwise!

Default Beef Red curry & rice

Jason wanted burger (frozen budget kind)

We are having Beef Curry - Greggs Red curry paste and Pams Coconut milk, with vegies from supermarket - sorry no time to plant vegies at minute

hope it tastes ok!
    Kat

I totally 100% recommend feijoa and rhubarb crumble; probably the best combination I've tried!

Especially when eaten in front of a roaring fire with a glass of Hawkes Bay Merlot

I made a chicken stir-fry and baingan bharta (roasted eggplant mashed up w/spices and tomato) along with some roti (I didn't make those, though - frozen from Moore Wilson's).

Jen

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast