Thread: One way travel insurance

Default One way travel insurance

I was wondering if anybody can recommend any travel insurance companies for a one way trip. After doing a search all the UK ones require you to either be starting the trip from the UK or be a resident there for at least 6 months prior to departure. The NZ travel insurance offer insurance whilst travelling but if anything were to happen to me/us repatriation (sp) would be to NZ and not the UK (also it is expected in the insurance we will return to NZ).

I can't remember what we did when coming out here (if anything in hindsight!) so wondered if anyone had any bright ideas. We need to get organised fairly quickly as we leave next week

Thanks,

L

Try airline, quatas, They did our one way travel insurance from UK to NZ. As they are australia's airline, they should have NZ to UK for you.

depending on what type fo credit card you have (if you have) some will provide travel insurance if you pay for the airline tickets by their credit card. May be too late for that option now, but something to keep in mind in future. I always put my travel on my visa card for that reason and it also provided collision damage waiver if you rent a car.

When we returned in 2005 we used Downunder Insurance, contact details were

www.downunderinsure.co.nz
    Ph: 0064(09)3768292
    Freephone 0800 244 633 (NZ)
    Fax: 0064(09)3768291

They also gave me this phone number 0800downunder

It was quite expensive, but we spent 3 weeks in Australia on the way back and it covered that as well.

Mandy

Maybe try QBE insurance? If you book electronic insurance with them along with Air NZ flights they will offer 1 way insurance up to 31 days but maybe it's different if you book non electronic insurance?

Their number is 0800 800 608 and www.qbe.com. You never know until you try hey

Jen

Wow what a lot of replies!! Thank you all so much - I'll check all the links out

L