Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online EOI

Default Online EOI

Currently filling in the an EOI (to twin-track with my talent visa application...) and I think I must be getting tired! I'm not sure what to put in the sections where they require details of family (section T3 I think). Is this any family irrespective of whether they are in NZ or intend to come along with us...ie not just my wife and children but also my parents, brother, sister??

Anyone remember what they filled in?

Thanks
    regards
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Currently filling in the an EOI (to twin-track with my talent visa application...) and I think I must be getting tired! I'm not sure what to put in the sections where they require details of family (section T3 I think). Is this any family irrespective of whether they are in NZ or intend to come along with us...ie not just my wife and children but also my parents, brother, sister??

Anyone remember what they filled in?

Thanks
    regards
    Richard
    Hi
    I remember being confused about this too! I think we just filled in our immediate family i.e. Hubby, me and wee one Sorry can't be of more help - others on this forum will be able to offer more help I'm sure - good luck

Lisa

Hi

We got confused on this one too!!! In the end we just put parents and sister or brothers. Hopefully got it right??

J

Quote Originally Posted by M&J View Post
    Hi

We got confused on this one too!!! In the end we just put parents and sister or brothers. Hopefully got it right??

J
    oops!! one more thing I have done wrong in this process so far !! Oh well!! Hope our EOI not deselected soon

Lisa

The current form says to list ALL (their capitalization, not mine) biological, adoptive and step parents, siblings and children, unless deceased.

If I remember correctly, my OH didn't put all his many brothers and sisters 2 years ago when we applied, and it wasn't a problem.

If it's a a parent or sibling who may later want to move to NZ and list you as a sponsor, I think they have to have been listed on your EOI to be elligible, but I could be wrong about that.

Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    If it's a a parent or sibling who may later want to move to NZ and list you as a sponsor, I think they have to have been listed on your EOI to be elligible, but I could be wrong about that.

I think that's correct Jess

Gil

thats exactly right. lisa - you can change yours on your ITA when you get it so dont worry. it makes no difference to you anyway but would make a big difference to close family if they wated to follow you in a few years.

I think it says somewhere that 'family' is children whether or not they are adopted or step children. There's a link on the form somewhere that clarifies it. We didn't put down brothers/sisters/parents - just our kids. Hope that helps.

lockstock - if you dont add on your parents/brothers/sisters when you get your ITA then you will make it much harder for them should they ever want to come out to NZ on family sponsorship.

I emailed them about this. Their reply was:
    'For the 'other family' section, please provide details of your parents and siblings, as well as those for your partner.'
    Hope this helps

Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast