Thread: Doctors in Auckland

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Doctors in Auckland

Not sure where we'll be living yet, but we have a young baby, so we need to register witha doctor as soon as we arrive (Less than two weeks - Yay!)

I've not had much look finding a site that lists available doctors in Auckland. Anyone know of any?

Hi there

I'm an expat kiwi returning to NZ from Ireland later this year. There is no need to register with a doctor eg you don't have to go to the dr in the area you live in, as you do in the UK. To my knowledge children under 5 are covered free of charge by any dr (during normalworking hrs).

If you want a recommendation of an excellent dr, I used to see a GP in Highland Park named Leonard Philipiah who operates at the Aviemore Drive Medical Centre.

Hope this is of help.
    KK

Quote Originally Posted by KildareKiwi View Post
    Hi there

I'm an expat kiwi returning to NZ from Ireland later this year. There is no need to register with a doctor eg you don't have to go to the dr in the area you live in, as you do in the UK. To my knowledge children under 5 are covered free of charge by any dr (during normalworking hrs).

Hope this is of help.
    KK
    I was told this before I arrived but it seems all the Dr I contact here in northshore charge for under 5's (between $12 -15).

From my own experience can I recommend that you locate not only a dr near you but also your nearest 24hr or extended hr practice. My 5 yr old had a bad allergic reaction 7.30pm and we needed meds for him. (thanks kiwidebs for the info).

If you register with a practice and have PR you get cheaper consultantions, if your not registered you are charged their A&E rate but you can go to any Dr you like. Dispite, (or maybe it's because I'm a paying customer) I've been realy happy with the medical care my kids have recieved here.

Debbie

If you find yourselves in the Howick area, Howick House Medical Centre is our surgery and we have been very pleased with them: the females in our family see Dr Bronwyn Lloyd (aussie, not welsh , still very nice ) and the males, Dr Graham Kidd.
    The practice is served by the Eastcare 24 hour service
    http://www.eastcare.co.nz/about.html

I also know Dr Bruce Page at the Half Moon Bay practice. He is a lovely guy who was a parent/camp doctor when I went to camp with my son in March. Friends of ours are patients of his and think he is excellent.

Hope you find somewhere you feel happy with,
    gil

If you are going to live on the NorthShore I can highly recommend the doctors at the Apollo Center. We see a GP there by the name of Simon Hammond. I quite like him but have also seen several other docs there when Simon wasn't available and it was urgent that my baby be seen. I have been very pleased with service. They are also open 7 days a week and during the week the hours are 7 am to 8 pm! Very happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Park City Partner View Post
    If you are going to live on the NorthShore I can highly recommend the doctors at the Apollo Center. We see a GP there by the name of Simon Hammond. I quite like him but have also seen several other docs there when Simon wasn't available and it was urgent that my baby be seen. I have been very pleased with service. They are also open 7 days a week and during the week the hours are 7 am to 8 pm! Very happy with them.
    Anyone got the address / phone number??

Apollo Centre for health & wellness, Cnr Rosedale Rd and Apollo Dr Albany.
    www.apollohealth.co.nz
    medical centre PH 094773700

Debbie

If you live in Glenfienld North SHore I will recommend Dr Richad Mules...I see long waiting lists for him and he is just wonderful!!! he is in Glenfield Medical Centre.
    Good Luck!
    Ads

We are also with a surgery in the Eastcare group, in Pakuranga, the staff are all lovely, and as it happens the Dr we are registered with is english!, very nice she is too, the other two Docs are kiwi men, they are both very nice too, and unless I specifically want Eileen, we can get seen within a couple of hours normally!