Thread: Public Schools in Auckland?

Default Public Schools in Auckland?

Hello,

I am looking for a public high school in Auckland City that is acredited at both international and national universities. Any suggestions?

Hi swissmissdesigner, sorry, but I don't understand what you mean. I'm from UK and I haven't come across the concept of schools being "accredited" by universities.

Most people would talk about the following schools in Auckland as excellent schools:
    Macleans College (co-ed)
    Auckland Grammar (boys)
    Epsom Girls Grammar
    Aukland Girls Grammar

You can find them through http://www.tki.org.nz/e/schools/index.php
    Hope that's a start for you,

Gil

Thanks Gil, I will look at those schools. (It is for a girl, sorry I forgot to mention.)

What I mean with acredited is just that the diploma is accepted at universities to further the education.

All NZ schools have the same level of accredition as they are all required to provide the same quality of education.
    Therefore all high school qualifications are equally valued both nationally and internationally.

As with any school, some have a better reputation than others and suit different types of students.

Shawn

Have a look at this recent thread:

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10504

Dawn

Schools in NZ don't do diplomas as such. The vast majority do the (somewhat controversial) NCEA exams. Some others do the Cambridge system or (more rarely) the IB. These are all accepted at all NZ universities.

My understanding is that they're pretty well recognised internationally, but each university will have a different policy on overseas qualifications, so I'd check out with some individual unis.