Thread: Ice skating/Ice hockey Christchurch

Default Ice skating/Ice hockey Christchurch

Hi all

Not sure if anybody likes ice skating or ice hockey but you can at Alpine ice rink on Brougham st, Opawa.

www.alpineice.co.nz

Or for the Hockey side

www.ciha.org.nz

They do all levels from children upwards and to watch the premier league (mens)which is on Thursday night it will cost you $1 but i think that is going to change to $5 or you can get a season pass for $20 and i know that is half prize for now just to get people in and above all you get to watch TWO matches.

I could not even get to watch a single game in the uk for under that prize

My husband and 8 year old son both play ice hockey at alpine, i know they r wanting more adults to play, so if ur interested in giving it a go get down to Alpine and check it out, its great fun I've even had a go myself!! Brave.........no just stupid! lol

Ooooo Hockey!!!!! OH will be happy to hear that! I, as a Kiwi, tried it here in Canada.....it's a blast! Yes, a little stupid, but so much fun

I am not sure what league we have watched but we have never paid to go in there on a Thursday night!!

we have been in there in the winter and summer, last time was in December when my daughter and her partner were visiting from the UK. Grant plays and wanted to see the level of play.

Thursday nights is the senior premier league and thats full contact. Sunday is the non contact league web site below

www.sncicehockey.com

But Canterbury Devils will start to play soon in the nz league which will be good which you can look up at this site.

www.nzicehockey.co.nz