Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good place to buy a bed

Default Good place to buy a bed

I've just lost out on this bed on Trade me
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...px?id=98169557

and now I want to buy one new, similar style or other nice contemporary bed. Any recommendations for shops - Auckland or Hamilton. Don't mind spending a bit, a bed is for life!

Sam

I feel your pain, Sam - we're looking for a not-very-expensive queen for our spare bedroom & this morning I lost out on this bed on trademe as I didn't meet the reserve:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...px?id=97703579

I'm already stalking another one that ends on Saturday, fingers crossed!

Jen

Have you had a sniff in Furniture Court in Te Awamutu. Pop in and have a chat with Mark, or one of the girls. If you go in with the green colour they'll do you a deal, and just mention i sent you in and you just may get more off.

Kim

OK, I know I'm being thick, but what does going in with the green colour mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam B View Post
    OK, I know I'm being thick, but what does going in with the green colour mean?
    Green dollar dosh, cash. They are always looking to do deals for cash.

Kim

Oh no - sorry you missed out on the bed. I can't believe it went for so much.

Coincidentally, I have just been looking up beds online. This place has a couple of nice-looking ones in recycled rimu: http://www.notjustbeds.co.nz/recylcedrimu.htm (They're based in Christchurch but deliver throughout NZ).

I know Joanna, I'm GUTTED. Yes those beds are nice on that link, I've sent them an email to find out about prices.

I'll also check out Furniture Court Kim, thanks. I'm really bad at trying to drive a hard bargain though, or any kind of bargain at all. Maybe I could pretend to drop my wallet and a wad of cash fall out, and then I could say, "oh no, look at all that CASH I MIGHT spend here"......? Or maybe not.

Not sure if you guys have 'smiths city' up there - but we got a brilliant deal on a new bed, headboard, two bedside cabinets, a bedding bale and we even got them to throw in a duvet inner too (my hubby is really cheeky, he also squeaks when he walks hes so tight!!! )

Sorry to pinch your thread...just want to ask others...

With baby on way and moving into our own house, my daughter will be kick out of her cot into my son's bed as it is full size bed at low level hence easy for toddler to climb in and less hurt when fall out bed (only happen once! never used bed guard!). So we are looking for good long life bed for my son. We normally buy very good pine bed, but i am interesting in rimu (?sp) bed for him as similar to pine bed.
    Questions is: with MIL staying for 5/6months soon in oct, we also looking for single bed for her too. Is we are better off to buy two single bed or buy bunk bed that can spilt into two single? I spoken to several shop assistants, they said don't buy bunk bed as they are not good in long term and children will get fed up of bunk bed at 10 years old ...or are they trying get more money from two single bed!! Your advice please!
    Thanks

What about a single bed with a trundle bed underneath? http://www.notjustbeds.co.nz/trundlers.htm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast