Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Working for Air New Zealand

Default Working for Air New Zealand

Curious to know if anyone out there has any info on working for Air NZ, or any airline in Wellington or Auckland for that matter. Not cabin crew, just customer service or working at the airport.

I'm wondering about the travel benefits you get.

Emily
    Last edited by Bruckner; 18th May 2007 at 10:52 AM.

Hi Emily, not sure about Air NZ, but I know that flight centre offer a big % of list travel prices/flights, which kicks in after six months of employment with them..

might be another option...

Thanks for the tip Pip! I checked out their employment web site, looks interesting but everyone is sooooo young! Hope that doesn't count against me.

Emily

Hi Emily

Have your tried looking here?

www.airnz.co.nz/aboutus/careers/default.htm

Jules

I don't think your age would count against you at Flight Centre - there is such a shortage of travel agents here. I am one and am leaving because I need to earn a higher salary. I'm sad because I've worked in travel for over 20 years but needs must! PM if you would like more of an idea about salaries for a travel agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Hi Emily

Have your tried looking here?

www.airnz.co.nz/aboutus/careers/default.htm

Jules

Indeed I have! I'll probably throw my hat into the ring when we get there. I was curious to know their employee travel benefits. Or just touch base with someone who worked there.

Emily

I started working for Air NZ as a part time customer service agent at Auckland Int Airport back in March.
    After 6 months u are entitled to the perks of staff travel! can get discounted booked hols/flights, but the cheapest way I gather is book a tix but u go on stand by, so if the flight is not full u get on, if it is u have to either buy a tix or just wait for the next one!
    Have another 4 months to go before I will be entitled to mine!
    They are recruting like crazy at the min for staff, as alot are leaving in the next few months, so if anyone is interested in a job at the airport, then now is the time!
    Shift wk and it's hard wk! can start as early as 3am and other shifts finish as late as 11pm, so very varied.
    If u need any other info just let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruckner View Post
    Curious to know if anyone out there has any info on working for Air NZ, or any airline in Wellington or Auckland for that matter. Not cabin crew, just customer service or working at the airport.

I'm wondering about the travel benefits you get.

Emily
    I work for Air NZ at the head office (Auckland) within the Contact Centre but have recently shifted to the online support team. I do work shifts but a bit different than Jameelka, hours are varied but basically 8hrs from 6.30am til 11pm. I've been with them for nearly 1.5yrs now and the perks are pretty good, will be going back to Europe next October and could not have afforded without having discounted flights

They are recruiting at the moment, at the airport and the Contact Centre (Auckland) . The latter job is kind of hard but most enjoyable as there are great people working here

Let me know if you have any questions, or just PM me, I'll be glad to help.

Jen

Thank you Jameelka and Jen! I'm pretty sure we'll end up in Wellington so I think I'll be limited to airport jobs.

Jameelka, you're originally from Brooklyn, correct?

Emily

No not us, came from UK last August.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast