Thread: The Welcome Pack

Default The Welcome Pack

Just to let everyone know that if you're having trouble getting your mits on your welcome pack after you arrive (like we did), I managed to get ours in the end.

After filling in the card after we arrived and posting it, and after three weeks nothing and then a phone call to immigration (who claimed it came from the Citizens Advice Bureau, who confirmed it was Immigration), and another call to Immigration who'd said they'd send another copy out, I emailed them from their website after another three weeks. It turned up after three days! And the best bit is the road atlas.

Anyway, the link is here for the webform.

Good luck to those who haven't received theirs.

crikey! I'd forgotton all about that.. we sent our card off about four weeks ago and have never heard anything since. Sounds like it might be the worth the effort of chasing it up ?, although we do already have a road atlas!

good reminder!

I filled in the online version, don't know if it is correct but going to phone them tomorrow.

Thanks for the info !!

So those who actually received it - did you get literature that was dated this year/2006? or like us was it dated 2003?????????????

which is totally useless in my opinion!

The atlas is ok for getting for a 2 b but useless for finding individual streets - its good for touring though with the little snippets of places to visit

Kat

Default Why have one?

Just a thought, but what is the point in providing a welcome pack that, from the posts I have read, is:

A. Out of date
    B. Full of useless information (apart from the atlas)
    C. Waste of paper

From reading the plethora of fantastic information on this forum, I do not think there is a need to look any further than here for all your needs. If the welcome pack provided by immigration is not good then perhaps the members of ENZ forum could club together and produce a welcome pack for all new arrivals in NZ? Once this has been completed, it could be sent to the immigration bods for them to see how it should be done?!!

Am I being at all controversial? Hope not

Liam

Quote Originally Posted by liamnrach View Post
    If the welcome pack provided by immigration is not good then perhaps the members of ENZ forum could club together and produce a welcome pack for all new arrivals in NZ?
    Just the atlas and the website address of this forum would be enough. Better than any pamphlets from NZ Immigration.

You are lucky, we did not get an atlas and just got the pesky leaflets! PAH!