Thread: 20-30% Pay rise accepted by Nurses

Default 20-30% Pay rise accepted by Nurses

Good for all you Nurses out there, what a wopper of a pay rise, they are also working on staffing levels, things can only improve

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?...jectID=9003663

Grreat news for all us nurses coming out! I knew that they were negotiating its about time that we got decent pay.

Yayyyy!! I knew nursing wages had not kept up with others since I left 8 years ago. Good to hear they are finally doing something about it (just in time for my return home!!). I'm off to celebrate - yahoooooo!

Debs

PS Thanks for posting this Gran.

Ha Ha - maybe I can be a House Husband with a boat!!!

Day Fishing Rates will be reasonable...

Sounds good when you read the headline but when it`s over spread 2 1/2 yrs a 20% rise from a low starting piont aint that great.

Bobby

Better'n a poke in the eye with a sharp stick but!

Good on ya Gran, keep on keeping us in the loop

Default Pay Rise

Thanks guys, I wouldnt complain about 20% on me penshun !!!

Yep initally I was pleased but its over two and half years so not so good.There is also some debate over who will fund nurses pay rise in the private sector with prvate hospitals wanting the government to do it and vice versa. My basic will go up to 50 but thats until June 2006 no doubt other jobs such as teaching and police will also go up, we wanted parity with their salaries and thats simply not going to happen with this dealas their salaries will go up during this time. Have yet to hear if we have got a superannuation deal included

I'm not sure this will do anything to stem the flow of nurses leaving especially to go to OZ where salaries are higher and the cost of living cheaper.

Michelle

Not sure when the money is going to be forthcoming either.

NZNO spokeswoman Laila Harre said......... "The new pay rates would not come in "overnight", but improvement in those areas would come gradually."

Bobby.

Oh, that's disappointing. I thought at last that nurses were going to get a fair deal here. I hope that they bring it in quickly and they live up to their promise :hopeso