Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rangiora - Tara are you there?

Default Rangiora - Tara are you there?

andy just got job offer from Rangiora High School, so any help regarding primary school for our 2 (aged 8 & 11), and property rentals would be greatly appreciated. And any other info about Rangiora too of course!

thanks a lot, Mandy

Have been looking at Christchurch and Rangiora, any feedback on why you chose it would be useful.

Congratualtions of the job.

Regards

Jo

Hi Mandy

I am here, we have been in Rangiora since July and are having a great time, When do you plan on arriving?

I have a 7 year old that absolutely loves school here I must admit he goes to school out of town, but only because that is where we were when we first got here. My son has settled so well he has a great social life and I don't know if your kids interested but there is a fantastic BMX race track and club in Rangiora that he has joined a fab way of meeting people and it is only $10 a year for membership, you have to pay a bit extra for the the big race meetings but it is never much.

I have a friend who can fill you in on Rangiora schools though if you like.

Let me know what info you require and I will get a pack together for you for when you arrive.

Good Luck with the move and arrangements

Tara

Hi Tara

We've almost arrived - I'm sitting in Rangiora library at the moment having just looked at a house to rent! So we hope to move in if we get this house at the beginning of Jan. WE are in a camper van at the moment, camping in Christchurch.

Would be great to meet up and hear all about Rangiora, it looks great so far.

Will pm you with my phone number.

See you soon, Mandy

Jo and Andy - it was just luck that we ended up here! Andy has been looking for teaching jobs for a while, and this is the one he was offered. But for us it seems the ideal location - small country town near the beach and near the skiing.

good luck in the van...dont get washed away! (and keep that heater going, in case you freeze to death!)

If you want to spend xmas day in Oxford, with a few newbies, just shout.

Nicky

Well it certainly has been a bit chilly in the van, we have been sleeping in thermal underwear for the past week or so! thank goodness it has a heater.

Thanks for the invite Nicky, still not sure what we are doing at the weekend, but will let you know if we are coming. If the weather stays reasonable we may brave the freezing South....

We are all happy today as we got our work permits !!!

Bye for now, Mandy

Congrats on your Work Permits Mandy.

I like the idea of living a bit more in the country, am moving from a big city for a better quality of life, which is why Christchurch is prefered to Auckland, with only a 30 minute commute to Christchuch Ranigora could be a county life, our daughter (7) has always wanted to live in the county, as when we visit my parents in Somerset (where I grew up) she always says she wants to move out to the countryside.

Good schools are very important, and where she can meet new friends quickly, and I would feel safe with her playing outside. Not too busy traffic to worry about or the yobbish youths round the corner. (do live in a nice part of Birmingham honest).

Rangiora High school looks very good.

Regarding the comments about the weather, sleeping in thermals in the summer doesn't sound too good. Is the weather normally that bad.

Bye

Jo

Hi jo

From the little I've seen (and heard from Tara), Rangiora is a really friendly place, and certainly very rural. We're looking forward to it anyway, and will update you from mid Jan when we move in. We are still living the gypsy life at the moment.

It has warmed up slightly, but we are still wearing fleeces, jumpers etc. Everyone says this is not normal!

We have looked at a primary school for our 2 and there seems to be so much more space than at home, also every school seems to have outdoor play equipment.

Happy to tell you more once we have settled in.

Mandy.

From what we have been told this December is the wettest since records began!!

Having said that, the odd shower didn't deter us from giving our family a great Xmas adventure and quite honestly, driving in 25degrees for 3hrs at a time wouldn't have been fun!

Dropped them all off at the airport today just as it got sunny :

They all want to come and live here now and the comment from my 8yr old nephew was "the people treat you so nicely as if they have known you for years and the views are amazing" !! Needless to say they loved it here!

Glad your Nephew likes it, hope the weather got better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast