Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can I live without Primark?

Talking How can I live without Primark?

Hiya all, Rach here

I love to shop in Primark (although I prefer to call it Primarchee!!), and having looked through previous posts have discovered how expensive clothes appear to be in NZ

What do us chicks who like to shop in Primarchee for our lovely good value clothes do?? Is there an equivalent in NZ

Here's hoping!!

Rachael

hand on heart, some of the stuff in the warehouse is really nice. ive got a top from there that was exactly the same as a top in an expensive shop here (called maxx...my tutor was spitting!as she got it at the expensive place).ive bought two pairs of nice tracksuit pants that had cool details on them (for college and yoga), a jumper with puffy sleeves, a sleeveless hoodie top...all stuff which has lasted me longer than anything else ive bought since being back.

compared with what it was like 4 years ago, its way better.

Hi, Id say the same as Ellenmelon, you can pick some nice bits up in the Warehouse and also Kmart.

I have had some really good quality items from Kmart I am not afraid to admit and some nice tops and shoes from Warehouse.

I left a lot of my clothes back in UK, wish i had been more organised, everyhting happened so quickly with us, in matter of weeks we had job offer, applied for visa, got flight, then we were here ...

Although if you want to treat yourself, Just Jeans have fab items, some bit pricey, buy gotta spoli yourself every once in a while ....

Sharon
    x

Quote Originally Posted by liamnrach View Post

What do us chicks who like to shop in Primarchee for our lovely good value clothes do??
    They go back to England with an empty suitcase .. How many shops do you think I can do in 22 days?

Dawn
    (3 wks to our trip back )

Yup, Kmart and Warehouse do some good cheap stuff, and Kmart regularly have discounts of up to 25% on chosen days.

The other places you could try that friends of mine use are Ezibuy, Glassons and Shanton, all of which are not extortionate.

http://www.ezibuy.co.nz/
    http://www.glassons.co.nz/

Farmers are quite good sometimes too http://www.farmers.co.nz/, although I have only bought hubby stuff from there so far, but quality seems good enough.

When I went back to the UK I ended up buying one thing ! I started converting it back to dollars and gulping at how expensive everything was

I did have a spend up in Paris though, bought quite a few things in one store

Here I can't live without Ezibuy, Postie +s Whose Henry? range some of it is really nice. Found Just Jeans does some lovely stuff as well.

OOOHHHH!!!!! I miss Primark but when you convert say £6 for an item at Primark that works out at todays rate at $16.43.

now at Warehouse I can get stuff for $9 to $24 for the latest stuff. and then theres the bargains - I got an armfull of t-shirts, shorts & a pair of cut off jeans each at $2.84! so YES I MISS PRIMARK, TESCOs & ASDA, but I can survive by shopping around Ingill (H&J sales are roughly like going to Binns/House of Frasers) and my major shopping is done at the Warehouse.

I doubt I will buy much when I go home in May 08 - Just the stuff I can't get over here.

Infact Rachel loved the clothes in the Warehouse, and she got a bikini in Te anau that would have cost a fortune in the UK, $90 for a Surf label (forgot which one)

so Dont fret, you'll survive - and I also went on a big shopping spree of sales stuff and shipped out my personal stuff such as pictures/ornaments packed and wrapped in my new purchases!

Kat

I think you will miss Primark but probably not as much as you will miss Tesco, Saisbury's and Aldi or wherever you currently buy your food from now. Whilst quality is good here particularly for meat and vegetables prices are in my opinion extremely high, if its not on special you just can't afford it!!, largely I suspect through lack of competition. Come on, Tesco take over the warehouse and show these Aussie food retailers how it should be done

you;ll get by don't worry, you'll learn that people tend to worry more about other things than how many clothes they have and what they look like, you should see some of the sights!! If you like men in tight shorts then this is the place to be. The things you see when you haven't got your gun as they say....

Default Thanks Everyone....

SteveD, Gonzo, katandbob, sizzlingbadger, jubjub, willowshouse, sharon thomas and ellenmelon....

Thank you sooooooo much. I feel much happier now . You have all put my mind at rest!! Hee Hee. My hubby is soooo pleased that his lifesytle wont change that much as he will still be waiting outside changing rooms on those 'man-friendly' seats!!

I had no idea that primark would be considered as expensive when you convert back into dollars. It is a good eye-opener, but I may just take the advice of the willowshouse guys and take an empty case back with me!!

Just to let you know, as I am typing this on a bank holiday weekend, its..... yup, you guessed it.....peeing hard with rain!!

Cheers all

Rach

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast