Thread: NZAQ Assessment is here!

Default NZAQ Assessment is here!

The postman just delivered the NZQA assessment and all is well. they've sent a copy to the Teachers' Council too so hopefully that will arrive in due course. Trying to shop around for medicals (still trying to figure out how to grow 3'' in height to get the BMI thing right!) and X-rays.

Just one thing, on the ITA form it asks for my qual certificates as well as the NZQA assessment. Do they really want both or will they take the NZAQ's word for it? It seems pointless them having to do the checks as well when they insist on it being done in the first place.

Congratulations Lockstock!

Can't answer your Q I'm afraid but will cheekily ask one of my own......presumedly you sent off to Teachers Council before NZQA assessment back, how long before and with police check completed or underway? I 'm about to send off evidence to NZQA but not sure whether to do so to T. council at same time, without police check and in fact when to do that?!

I did both at the same time because the TC reg form just asked for the date you applied for the police check and then you send it on after. Put a note in the letter to NZQA that you need the info to be sent on to the TC and they do that for you too. It's a plate spinning exercise but they all seem to be in touch with each other so go for it. Now. All at once. Finito. It's great when it all comes back in bulk. It makes all those weeks of waiting worthwhile. I wish I'd had the courage to book the medicals earlier but decided to wait for the ITA for that and now have to wait until July for them.

Question

When your NZQA level came back, how did you know they had sent the report to the Teachers Council? Doesn't say anything on mine although I asked when I sent off the originals to NZQA.

Congrats Lockstock.

Carey,

we waited until we had got our nzqa assessment before we sent out tc registration so we included a copy of the assessment. Our letter did say that they had sent a copy to TC but TC said they hadn't got it when we checked. They may have got it later.

If you have already sent your tc reg without your assessment it might be worth sending a copy of the assessment to TC just to be on the safe side, alternatively phone / e mail TC to ask if they have had your nzqa assessment.

I found TC very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by lockstock View Post
    Just one thing, on the ITA form it asks for my qual certificates as well as the NZQA assessment. Do they really want both or will they take the NZAQ's word for it? It seems pointless them having to do the checks as well when they insist on it being done in the first place.
    We just went through the same thing. My wife's certificates are rather large (really just meant for hanging on the wall), and we had to send them to NZQA in a poster tube . Since we had a reduced copy of them made at that time, we just sent those copies in with our ITA, and mentioned in the covering letter that they were difficult to mail and NZQA had already seen them, etc. Our case officer didn't say a thing about it, so it seems that your NZQA full assessment and a photocopy are sufficient for ITA purposes.

edit: Sorry, just noticed the date on the original post, you've probably already resolved this . Oh well, the information may be useful for others.