Thread: PR process the stages

Default PR process the stages

Hi

Can someone list the various stages involved when applying for PR through the skilled migrant category. I know how much points are needed but after the subbmission and selection of the EOI what are the next stages in the process? and what do the various acronyms stand for?

Also, how exactly does a work permit work with regards to applying for one. Can anyone apply and then go over to nz to work or do you have to have EOI submitted and a job offer before you can get the work premit?

Thanks for your help.
    Jules

Hey Jules,
    Well I don't know about the PR, but I am applying for a work permit from within NZ right now.
    What you need:

-Job offer (and that's about the most important thing, is is very very dificult to get a WP if you don't have this)
    -A passport valid for the period you want the permit to be valid for plus 3 extra months (if your passport has lees validity that's as long as you'll get your permit for)
    -A complete work permit/visa form

If you are applying for a work visa for more than a year you need to get:
    -Full medical and chest x-ray certificate issued less than 3 months before you lodge your application
    -Police certificate issued less than 6 months before you lodge your application

The person/company who's offering you a job needs to provide you with:
    -A contract (not necesarily signed)
    -A job offer letter (stating for how long they will be employing you and how much you'll get paid)
    -Evidence that the job has been advertised (Web site print outs, copies of receipts paying for the ads)
    -Full job description
    -NZIS employers supplementary form
    -If the vacancy was run thru a recruitment agancy they'll need to give you a letter confirming that the employer is one of their clients and they where commissioned to source skilled staff for the vacancy

Just in case I also provided copies of my degree and reference letters

Hope this is useful
    Cheers!
    Gaby

Quote Originally Posted by astus View Post
    Hey Jules,
    Well I don't know about the PR, but I am applying for a work permit from within NZ right now.
    What you need:

-Job offer (and that's about the most important thing, is is very very dificult to get a WP if you don't have this)
    -A passport valid for the period you want the permit to be valid for plus 3 extra months (if your passport has lees validity that's as long as you'll get your permit for)
    -A complete work permit/visa form

If you are applying for a work visa for more than a year you need to get:
    -Full medical and chest x-ray certificate issued less than 3 months before you lodge your application
    -Police certificate issued less than 6 months before you lodge your application

The person/company who's offering you a job needs to provide you with:
    -A contract (not necesarily signed)
    -A job offer letter (stating for how long they will be employing you and how much you'll get paid)
    -Evidence that the job has been advertised (Web site print outs, copies of receipts paying for the ads)
    -Full job description
    -NZIS employers supplementary form
    -If the vacancy was run thru a recruitment agancy they'll need to give you a letter confirming that the employer is one of their clients and they where commissioned to source skilled staff for the vacancy

Just in case I also provided copies of my degree and reference letters

Hope this is useful
    Cheers!
    Gaby
    Thank you gaby that clears up the WP, a good comprehensie answer those are the type I like. Anybody know about the PR process then?

Quote Originally Posted by jewelsvani View Post
    Thank you gaby that clears up the WP, a good comprehensie answer those are the type I like.
    Here Here!!

Very clear and concise, I have already copied and pasted it to a word doc for future reference!!

Thanks Gaby

Liam n Rach

Try this...

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....ght=flow+chart

Especially, read p1 and p4 and see the links to the flow chart on p4.

If the link doesn't work search 'flow chart' and look at the result started by Juniper.

lotsaluk

(I don't know why I chose bananas. I guess it's just a banana kinda day.)

thanks nathan thats a pretty comprehensive list also, excellent all info cut and pasted into word for reference.

I gave some bananas also.