Thread: Secure postage to NZ

Default Secure postage to NZ

Well just hours before i get on that plane

Been pondering past weeks whether to actually take my qualification certificates etc with me or just copies etc for now..
    Finally i decided i will take scanned and electronic copies of all my certs until i have a more permenant home etc in NZ.

A good friend is going to hold on to them for me and post them out when i need them later.Being important documents etc (priceless) what methods of sending them over to NZ are there that are secure?

Is there like a overseas version of registered post?

Or will it be best to just spend the money on a courior firm such as DHL etc? it will be a letter/packet just larger than A4 and about half inch thick so not too large, but i would want it safe and tracked all the way just in case.

Thanks

Also just thought, will it need a customs form and sticker put on it? And where do you get one? (it will be about 10-12 a4 documents/certificates)

Default Royal Mail

Hi Lee

When we sent all original certificates to NZQA we just used Royal Mail's trackable service. You can track it online at every stage. Just used it again for EWRB and that letter got there also. Not too expensive either.

Good luck for the journey. Bet it feels weird...last few hours in UK. Keep in touch

As they may only want to see originals I'd take them with me, also a lot more secure than sending them by "anything". As you said yourself they are priceless, cannot be replaced. We already lost one package a month ago with just the copies in them. So glad they would except seeing the originals on arrival.

John Z.