Thread: Hawkes Bay quilting & astronomy

Default Hawkes Bay quilting & astronomy

My wife and I will be living in Hawkes Bay for three of the next fouyr months. jeannis is an active quilter, interested in finding a group to join. I'll be working in the Hospital, and enjoy Astronomy. Butch and Jeannie Armstrong

Welcome to the forum Butch and Jeannie.

can't answer your questions but hopefully someone will be along soon to help you.

Welcome to the forum, Butch and Jeannie

As has already been mentioned, this is a fantastic forum, and I'm sure someone will be able to help you out during your stay in Hawkes Bay

Enjoy

Liam n Rach

hello, i have a job offer in hawkes bay. from what we've read about the town, my boyfriend and i love the sound of living in hawkes bay. we are in our 20's - not interested in city life, but also don't want to be in a really dead area - any advice on hawkes bay?? we love the outdoors, the beach and sports.

thanks

napier hastings area was the "town" i was talking about!!

For Emilyw
    Napier will be a great town for outdoors, sports, beach and sport. Welcome to the forum, you can post your questions and get lots of help from this forum.
    You might want to post an introduction in the Introduction forum, tell us a bit about yourselves, where you are coming from etc. and ask your questions there rather than add them on to Draa's questions.

For draa
    the clear skies (because of lack of polluting industry) in Hawkes Bay area means you should get primo sky watching there.
    Gloria

for DRAA
    re quilting: I did a search and came up with this website which might have some interesting leads. Seems to indicate there is a lot of quilting/patchwork going on in Hawkes Bay. You dont say what town in Hawkes Bay you will be going to, but you should find some leads fromthis site. dont be put off by the fact that it is a website for a motel, it for some reason has this information on quilting acitivites in Hawkes Bay!
    http://www.cherrygrovemotel.co.nz/stories/storyReader$75
    Gloria

As a quilter living in Hawkes Bay, I can tell you there are quite a few quilting groups in the area. As usual for quilters they are all really really friendly, welcoming and helpful.

Keirunga quilters in Havelock North meet every Monday evening or Wednesday from 10pm.

Thomas Moore quilt group I think they meet on a Friday at about 1pm, in Thomas Moores church hall.

There are also a lot of lovely quilt shops to visit.

Please do send me a PM if you would like any other information.

a very useful article on clear skies for budding astronomers!
    anybody live near there?
    how are the skies?
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10450163