Thread: still waiting for my police check from russia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Angry still waiting for my police check from russia

Has anyone had experience of getting a police check from Russia? I lived there for 3 years 5 years ago so need to get one for my PR application and I applied through the Russian Consulate in London back in January but there is absolutely no sign of it. Each time I ring they just say 'it's not here - call again later'. I'm beginning to wonder if it will ever turn up.

HELP!

Hi,

My wife is getting her police checks in Russia; she is Russian though!

All I can say is that the quickest way is to travel there yourself and apply to the local police station. Otherwise, not a lot will happen quickly I am afraid.

As you have lived there, you know exactly what I mean.

The services of a lawyer with good contacts would help if you can find one...

Which region/city were you living in?

Default russian bureaucracy

Hi

thanks for your reply. We lived in Moscow.

Im now wondering if I could get a friend who still lives there to go to the local police on my behalf? But as Ive already got one request in the system would this just confuse things?

Yes I definately know what you mean about Russain bureaucracy - thats why Im worried it may never turn up!

You may be able to get a waiver allowing you to just provide a signed a declaration if you can prove that you've done all you can with no results, my suggestion is to document everything you have done in an attempt to get the police cert and contact immigration to see if they will consider it, if your not a Russian citizen you might have a chance.

I had difficulties obtaining a police report. I'm not sure it was necessary, but I recorded phone calls and photocopied everything I had sent them. I emailed NZIS, and let them know the evidence I had collected, and they said "No problem, just go see a justice of the peace and sign a letter stating you're not a crook, in front of them".

I'd recommend calling NZIS and asking what they suggest. I wish I had done so sooner!

thats a good idea - where do I find a justice of the peace?

I have asked NZIS what to do about it and they said that ideally I would have the police certificate but if I cant get it then it all depends on the officer I am asigned and what they decide... bit of a worry.

Default Russian saga

Just thought id let you know I spoke to NZIS again last night and they said the JP or Lawer option is the way to go, just write a letter saying that I didnt get into any trouble while living there - sign it in front of them and send it off with evidence that I have at least tried to get my russian police certificate.

Great. Ive booked an appointment to get it done tomorow.