Thread: immediate shortage list

Question immediate shortage list

Not been on for a while - still in the throws of decorating ready to put the house on the market......

We are still trying to decide which route to apply for PR but have noticed @flooring tradesperson' on the immediate skills shortage list. I can't find any definition of this category......Can anyone help or point me in the right direction please?

Hi saralou

Sorry I don't know the answer but I hope someone will help you out. Good luck. Know what you mean about getting house ready. Ours is ready but no one is buying. Boo Hoo!

Hey saralou

Ask the NZQA (helpdesk@nzqa.govt.nz) with reference to flooring tradesperson 74331.
    they are a friendly bunch
    good luck

Thanks for the replies, I will post an answer when I get one! I was beginning to get worried as we were stuck in the vicious circle of needing to have a job offer to get enought points for eoi but needing the visa to be sorted before applying for jobs so am hoping this could be my lifeline!

As for the house.....well, thats another story.

I think that this would encompass flooring trades such as:

Granolithic Flooring
    Floor Tiling?
    Timber Flooring?
    Terrazzo - wet marble/cement mix or tiles as seen in supermarkets.
    Floor screeders?

Factory floors, shops, supermarkets...even sports facilities have different kinds of requirements for floor construction and finishes.

Hope this helps...

saralou, this might be of interest:

Question
    My Employer says I can only be offered employment if I can show a valid work permit. But I need an offer of employment to apply for a work permit. What should I do?

Answer
    There is no legislation that prohibits an employer supplying a job offer even if the potential employee does not have a work visa/permit. The employer is able to make the offer of employment conditional on the potential employee providing evidence that they have legal right to work in New Zealand. This type of condition is similar to other pre-employment conditions such as police clearance, drug testing, etc.Once you receive such an offer of employment, you may submit it as evidence with your work permit/visa application.

I found it on this site somewhere??