Thread: Best pay-as-you-go mobile plan(s)?

Default Best pay-as you-go mobile plan(s)?

I've got a phone...just need a sim card/plan for pay as you go (will be in NZ less than a year).

Use the phone very little---mostly to contact the other half, if need be...and have people call me from home. Would prefer to spend less than $50 a month.

Suggestions?

I'd like to purchase something this weekend when we arrive.

Thanks,

Suzer

The only provider which utilises sim cards is Vodafone. (Telecom use CDMA and so don't have a sim.)

They have various PAYG plans - my friend is over here for a short period and is using the Supa Pre-Pay, which is 89c a minute and you can nominate a best mate for $6 and get text messaging for about $10 for 2000 texts or something...

All the plans are on the Vodafone website, and I think it's about $35 to buy the sim card, which includes some credit.

VF supa prepay.

Quote Originally Posted by suzer View Post
    I've got a phone...just need a sim card/plan for pay as you go
    Make sure your phone is not locked to your current provider.

If it is locked it may/will not work with another providers sim. If you have a Nokia its quite easy, just do a bit of surfing and you should find the unlock sequence.

I did that for our 2 phones before we came over.

Quote Originally Posted by martinp View Post
    Make sure your phone is not locked to your current provider. If it is locked it may/will not work with another providers sim. If you have a Nokia its quite easy, just do a bit of surfing and you should find the unlock sequence. I did that for our 2 phones before we came over.
    Yep - or alternatively just buy an asian market phone that is unlocked from the start.