Thread: NZ dress sizes.... help needed!

Default NZ dress sizes.... help needed!

Hi, have done a couple of searches and haven't been able to find anything on this. Does anyone know if there is a comparison between UK and NZ dress sizes ? e.g I know that with US sizes, typically, they are two sizes smaller than a UK size, so a UK 14 is a US10 etc..

Unfortunately I need to have something ordered and won't have the opportunity to try on prior to it being ordered...very unusually for me, I've hardly brought any new clothes since we've been here except a couple of t-shirts, which were sized S, M or L, so doesn't really help!

Anyone able to help out ?... or are we all still wearing the stuff we brought with us

Not sure of the exact comparison, but if you go to www.ezibuy.co.nz and click on their sizing guide, they give you the actual measurements for the size.

Of course, like everywhere, women's sizes are not fixed. One could quite easily wear a twelve from one shop and a fourteen from another.

I find NZ sizes are quite generous on the whole, but I think they are equivalent sizing to the UK.
    As Anna said, it depends on the product and the store - I've got a huge variety of sizes in my wardrobe now!

Did you try get a chart on EBAY?
    Just an idea..

Quote Originally Posted by KerryS View Post
    I find NZ sizes are quite generous on the whole, but I think they are equivalent sizing to the UK.
    Yup I'd agree with that. I'd normally choose a 10 or a small/medium in the UK but here I find a smaller size fits better.

Milliemoo

Dress sizes in NZ are a size smaller than the Uk, so if u were a 12 in the Uk ur a 10 here, great isnt it!? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne100 View Post
    Dress sizes in NZ are a size smaller than the Uk, so if u were a 12 in the Uk ur a 10 here, great isnt it!? lol
    Oh dear, Im fatter than I thought....., I took it that the sizes were the same...