Thread: Rotorua Locals - Party Help

Talking Rotorua Locals - Party Help

Having been hit by every illness in the book this week, we've found ourselves in the situation of having to buy the stuff for our son's 6th Birthday Party while on our trip to Rotorua.

So rather than the usual requests about sightseeing in Rotorua, perhaps the locals could help me out with places to buy party plates, dressing up costumes and general party stuff.

We're going with a Space theme, so anything spacey or silver would be great. Can you get silver hairspray in Rotorua???

Also, where are the best toy shops? We're also behind on the present buying!

Hoping someone can help!!!

Off to crawl back into bed .....

Cheers

Tia

My friend was from Rotorua, and still visits family there, I will ask her tomorrow if she has any bright ideas

If you don't mind ordering online then use www.lovetoparty.co.nz . I've ordered stuff before and it's really quick in arriving.

There's Toy World on one of the streets in Rotorua, a huge Warehouse, JK Kids as well. So I should think there will be a pretty good choice of where to pick things up from.

In the Rotorua CBD on Pukuatua Street there is a shop which sells wigs, fancy dress stuff. they are also a hardware store! they will have just about everything you may need, i cant remember the name of the shop but it is on Pukuatua street between Tutanakai Street and Fenton Street on the left hand side as you head towards Fenton street

as for toy shops, the only one i have seen around is on Eruera street between Tutanakai street and Amohia Street, there is a toy selection in the Warehouse in the Central Mall.

Rotorua CBD is easily walked around with Tutanakai Street the main shopping street running between the Mall and the lake front.
    Last edited by SteveR; 25th June 2007 at 08:29 PM.

Thanks everyone.

Steve R - fancy dress and a hardware store - I think I'd have to visit that even if I wasn't looking for party stuff! It conjures up some great images.

Cheers

Tia

Hope you are feeling better tia.

Thanks Speckythecky, still feeling pretty rough but I am having to stay up and do work tonight - hence so may posts on the forums

I remember we were hit by a lot of illness this time last year, its supposed to be worse for those who have emigrated in the last 2 years as it takes a while to get use to all the new bugs.

Originally I thought it was just hangover - but no such luck

Cheers

Tia