Hi everyone

Just wanted to ask a question of any of you living in or around Rotorua.

We have a potential job down that way (not definite yet, but it's a maybe) but before we invest all our time and effort into getting the job we just wanted to ask a bit about Rotorua.

I've heard some bad (but also some good) things about the area and have read some of the previous posts about the town and while I'm sure many people are happy in Rotorua to be honest, it sounds like it wouldn't really be for us although I understand that it's very difficult to make that decision without actually visiting the place. However, if we can get a job offer it makes things a lot easier for the immigration plus also the money side of things upon arrival in New Zealand so obviously if we get this job then it would be good for us but we'd have to live in Rotorua.

What I really wanted to know was is it possible to live on the outskirts of Rotorua or even in a different town further out and commute into the centre? Does anyone do this or are there even any towns outside of Rotorua? I'm really not very familiar with the area. We don't mind commuting up to 45 mins.

Any advice would be great, thank you