Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haircut

Default Haircut

Can anyone tell me how much a haircut costs in NZ? For men and women, please.

Haircuts in the Philippines costs less than NZ$3. And the hairdressers are really good!

So I dont think I'll be able to enjoy cheap haircuts when I get to NZ.

Hi Chuchi,

I have a dry trim (for cheapness!) and it costs me $24 each time. And that's not a posh hair salon.

My husband and sons expect to pay about $12 -$20 depending on whether it's the barber or a unisex hairsalon.

These are prices in a small rural town, not a big city which I'd expect would cost more?

Wish it was $3 like you pay!!

Childrens haircuts where I took them in CHCH were $10 each. Richard went too and he was $17 - all done in a mall. They have a loyalty card where the 6th haircut is free. We have the one card so will make sure we use the free one on hubby.

There are shops called $10 haircuts - so I guess all cuts are $10 - not too sure on that though - I am sure someone will correct me!

Tanya

there are $10 haircut bars about, never used them myself, for a wash and style cut it costs me about $35 which seems to be average. There is here in Christchurch a hairdressing college where the students do cuts for practise and these cost $5. The ones I have seen from there have all been good cuts too.

Duplicate post - sorry.

At a local barbers here in Rotorua it costs me $14 for short back and sides and bit off the top.

Oh my, I think I am turning into a Kiwi... I had an $18 trim today - usually I'd pay more than £60.

I daren't look in the mirror though... ops:

I went to a hairdressers the other week in Rotorua (SteveR is my other half, the post above), I have my hair dyed as I am going grey , back in the UK I was a dark reddy colour, when I came to NZ I decided to have a complete change and go blondish :eek .

Well I walked into town one day, I had already seen the hairdressers I wanted to try (I am a bit funny about hairdressers, I dont now why but I am, I dont particularly like men touching my hair), anyway, I went in and told the lady on the reception what I wanted and she made be an appointment for the following day :P

I got up the following morning feeling rather nervous (Steve was in Auckland at the time on a training course) I got ready and walked into town and into the hairdressers. I was given a seat and yes you have guessed it a bloke came to me and asked me what I wanted :eek :eek anyway after about half an hour touching and running his fingers through my hair he decided what to do. He put loads of foils into my hair and I looked like a turkey ready for the oven after what seemed like for ever, he came and asked me over to the bowls so he could wash my hair, well this was the highlight of my visit, I sat in this big dentist chair, sat back and he said "are you ok honey", I said "yes thanks", he said "I will switch this on honey, you just lay back, go to sleep if you want and I will come back in about 5 minutes". Well this lovely dentist chair was a massage chair, it was fab . After about 5/10 minutes a girl came over and started massaging my head, I thought I was in heaven :P .

To cut a long story short, I went up to pay :eek :eek , being as I had had alot of blonde put into my hair, I asked if I could have some special shampoo and conditioner, "certainly honey" he replied, he explained what to do etc.... I asked how much he wanted, I thought he said $59, not bad I thought, that was just for the shampoo and conditioner , I passed him my card and he handed me a receipt for $159.00 OMG.

I stumbled out of the hairdressers thinking, well I had a nice massage aswell .

I will be going back because my hair needs some more blonde in it and my back does need a bit of a massage :eek and thankfully Steve does like my hair

Jules

Oh Yes... the massaging chairs - forgot about those... I was a bit shocked when it started as no one had mentioned my butt was about to be vibrated

$159.00 ??????????????

Blooming heck. Would you like me to send you over a couple of cartons of 'Nice & Easy'.

Never big a big fan of hairdressers (obviously). Rarely have it cut, trim my fringe occasionally with the bacon sissors - that's about it.

Maybe I'll make more of an effort in NZ. But there again, maybe I won't.

Diny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast