Thread: Financial advisors - emigration experts

Default Financial advisors - emigration experts

Anyone know of a good financial advisor who is in the Auckland area - or willing to travel to it?

We're looking for someone who understands both the NZ and UK systems and the various rules that apply to those who have emigrated.

Please PM me if you would prefer.

Cheers

Tia

Tia - do you want an accountant for advice on taxes and the systems, or an actual financial advisor for investments etc. My accountant is great at both UK and NZ taxes (and all the various loopholes), but they aren't a financial advisor.
    My boyfriend is a commodity broker, so I tend to rely on him for investment advice...

Hi Tia - I have used Broadbase and so far impressed. They are based primarily in Christchurch but have offices all over. I'm speaking to Jeremy Henderson there; www.broadbase.co.nz

Kerry S - at the moment we are looking for somone who can mainly advise us about our current tax, income, pension situation and whether its better to keep money in the UK or bring it over to NZ etc. I thought that would be a financial advisor but it sounds maybe an accountant is actually what we require. So any contact details you could give me would be great.

Thanks Incredible Hulse, that's an interesting link and it looks like they can get to Auckland. Are these the people that did the seminars at the Expos in the UK?

Cheers

Tia

I could forward someone from Hamilton. She has her own accounting business and lived both UK and NZ.

We use Jeremy Henderson (Broadbase). He is excellent and reguarly comes to Auckland.He even does house calls. We find him genuine and down to earth and he is experienced in UK and NZ.

Kindest regards

Dave and Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline and Dave View Post
    We use Jeremy Henderson (Broadbase). He is excellent and reguarly comes to Auckland.He even does house calls. We find him genuine and down to earth and he is experienced in UK and NZ.

Kindest regards

Dave and Caroline
    Ditto!

Gil

Tia,

We are going to use Jeremy Henderson from Broadbase. Have already spoken to briefly on the phone. PM us if you want to know more.

Rdgs.,
    Nick.

Great info guys. Will bear this in mind when we're ready to look at that sort of thing.

Hey Nick, long time no hear. How are you getting on up there in Auckland?

Nick,

Thanks I've PM'd you.

Cheers

Tia