Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flying First Class, best airline?

Default Flying First Class, best airline?

Hi guys,

Has anybody flown first class to New Zealand (Auckland).

If so, what was your experience, and who would it seems is the better airline to go with?

Thanks

Air NZ doesnt have "first class" they call it business class, but their lie flat beds in biz class are amazing. I have only done this once on points, but it was a truly great way to travel. People got intheir jammies and went to bed!

As its a very long trip from UK to NZ, it really makes it a good way to travel.

Thanks kanatakiwi. It is really the beds I am looking for.

It doesn't matter if it isn't first class as such, but the beds are important for me.

I know a lot of people will say that economy is just fine as you get enough space. But it isn't just the space for me. As I will be leaving my family for about 3 years to go and study, they have sort of said to me that as a treat they will let me go in first/business class.

We flew out on Air NZ in business class. The lay flat seats are great but traveling as a couple, you are very isolated from your partner by the separating walls. Not a problem for the single traveler, in fact a great set up for them. I am 1.85m tall and had no trouble laying flat on the bed. The seats are positioned at an angle with feet to the aisle.

First Class.....

We wish!!!

*Sigh*

Liam n Rach

Quote Originally Posted by liamnrach View Post
    First Class.....

We wish!!!

*Sigh*

Liam n Rach
    I'm sure economy won't be too bad. Quite a few people on here have said how it isn't as restricting as they expected.

I will be able to give you a proper run-down on economy in about 5 weeks. After some friends of mine return from New Zealand (with Air NZ).

Quote Originally Posted by liamnrach View Post
    First Class.....

We wish!!!
    Before we came over from the UK on our recce trip, we signed up with British Midland frequent flyers. BMI are part of the Star Alliance which includes Air NZ. We also signed up for a BMI credit card as all purchases get you further air miles. The combination of the air miles from our recce trip, plus air miles from cc purchases in the 18 months before we returned, gave us free business class travel on our flight to NZ from London with Air NZ. Having a frequent flyer card also will earn you access to the business lounges in the airports after one return trip from London to NZ.

some seats are better than others fro 2 people travelling together. Have a look at Seatguru.com and you can see the seating configuration for your flight (need to check what type of aircraft you will be flying , this should be on your booking. basically I think the two at the very front of the Air NZ bix secton are best as the head areas at touching each other. you can prebook your seat assignment online if its Air NZ

Quote Originally Posted by kanatakiwi View Post
    Air NZ doesnt have "first class" they call it business class, but their lie flat beds in biz class are amazing. I have only done this once on points, but it was a truly great way to travel. People got intheir jammies and went to bed!

As its a very long trip from UK to NZ, it really makes it a good way to travel.
    For anyone who wants to see what Air NZ cabins look like (economy, prem economy and business premier), they have a virtual tour guide on their UK website:

http://view.aimproximity.net.nz/explore/explore_flh.htm

It's a pretty neat thing to play around with.

Jen

If your family are going to treat you .... do the ANZ business class. We used economy from UK via Singapore & return via Bangkok on our reccie. It was ok but if you can afford the extra DO IT! We came back to NZ business class via LA (more baggage allowance) & a quicker flight (just) but OH MY ... it is the only way to travel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast