Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Auckland - waxing (sorry girl topic)

Default Auckland - waxing (sorry girl topic)

So here I am in a new location again with no clue as to where to go for a haircut, etc. Want to get my legs waxed before the wedding/honeymoon. Anyone have suggestions of places to go in Auckland?

Thx

Suz

I can heartily recommend Chantal Landais on Ponsonby Road. They are fab in there! And not as expensive as some of the other salons either.

Fantastic. Nothing like trying to shave while living in a youth hostel

Looking for laser hair removal places too---started that a while back (much more expensive than waxing, but well worth it for areas like underarms)

I went to a place on the North Shore before our Raro trip...Soul Essentials. Saw Mel. She was good. I also went to James at Jarvis in Ponsoby for a hair cut. He was good. First new person to touch my hair in 15+ years.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Think I will make an appt. with the place in Ponsonby. I've never had my legs waxed before---how long does it last? I was thinking to do it about a week before the honeymoon (we'll be gone 2 wks).

And do you have to grow your hair out much beforehand?

You need to have enough hair for the wax to grab but you don't want it really long or it will hurt. Not much of an answer but hopefully that will help. And it depends on how long it lasts, everyone is different but you should get 4-6 weeks out of it.

Thanks for that---guess will wait til a week out from the trip

Suz

Hello

Do you know Shaba in NZ? It's a waxing method from india, i think. It's somewhat like a sugar-Oil-way! you just heat it up in the microwave and have it in your fingers like dough! then you coat your hair and just rip it off! It's like a 1000 time less painful than normal wax, due to its softness hair doesn't break as often and it doesn't irritate your skin too much. Sure, it still hurts a bit. But I can do it on my own "down there". I have bought 1 kg wax in Switzerland and will bring it with me! It's totally worth carrying 1kg wax on me, because it will last for more than a year.
    Maybe you should think about that!?

Try the online Yellow Pages and do a search on "waxing". Many of the businesses have links to their websites, making it fast and easy to check prices.

Jo

Last edited by jo-and-jeff; 27th July 2007 at 09:19 PM. Reason: incorrect information

Quote Originally Posted by suzer View Post
    And do you have to grow your hair out much beforehand?
    Same question for a bikini wax. I've never had one before but am about to. Should I shave first? I'm really afraid it's going to hurt and want to do what I can to minimize the pain.

susan

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast