Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music CDs are very expensive

Default Music CDs are very expensive

Music CDs seem to very be very expensive here - chart CDs seem mainly to go for $30-$35 for an album, even from the NZ online stores. It reminds of the situation in the UK where only a few years ago albums were going for 50% more than then do now.

Unlike the UK it seems I can even take refugee in going to a record fair. The only one I was able to find outabout the - Auckland Record Fair appear to be mainly vinyl from what I have read online.

Short of buying online abroad (e.g. Amazon or cd wow) where are cheapest places in NZ (Auckland specifically) to buy CDs?

Rgds.,
    Nick.

Try The Warehouse - a couple of weeks after release most sell for about $20. Real Groovy is good as well, although they aren't the cheapest.

Borders sometimes has good prices, and you can get 25% off coupons from them.

Warehouse for $22.99 is where i get em from, if I don't use http://www.cd-wow.com which is where I mostly buy Cds

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Nick.

Default iTunes?

How expensive is (are?) iTunes in NZ?

Bought a couple of CD's here in the warehouse. Problem is they have been cut!! New Avril lavine CD full of annoying buzz noises, even on mild swear words. In future will buy from Amazon....similar in price to the warehouse when you include the postage, maybe a tad cheaper. Need to be careful about total cost of order or you pay tax though.

If anyone lives in Auckland I can recommend JB Hi Fi for CDs and DVDs. They have 1 store on Queen St in the CBD and planning on opening a couple more soon. They have a big variety and prices are lower than any other specialized shop I have seen

Quote Originally Posted by real_sunfire View Post
    Music CDs seem to very be very expensive here - chart CDs seem mainly to go for $30-$35 for an album, even from the NZ online stores. It reminds of the situation in the UK where only a few years ago albums were going for 50% more than then do now.

Unlike the UK it seems I can even take refugee in going to a record fair. The only one I was able to find outabout the - Auckland Record Fair appear to be mainly vinyl from what I have read online.

Short of buying online abroad (e.g. Amazon or cd wow) where are cheapest places in NZ (Auckland specifically) to buy CDs?

Rgds.,
    Nick.

Hi just wondering how much you would pay of a CD in the UK??

If you do the conversion, it's probably not as much as you think, also you have to remember shipping costs to get things to NZ....unfortunately that has to be passed on to the consumer.

UK CDs - £8-10 for chart, £12-15 for top 20
    Harry Potter Book 7 £17.99!

OUCH....maybe NZ is not as expensive as you think

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast