Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: selected from pool: now how long til ITA?

Default selected from pool: now how long til ITA?

I was selected from the pool about 9 - 10 weeks ago. However since then I've heard nothing.

(I haven't got a job offer. I think I had 135 points.)

Can anyone let me know if they had a *longer* wait than this before hearing anything after being selected from the pool.

Also, is there a chance you don't EVER hear anything back after being selected from pool? I can't see why but I thought it was worth asking.

Watch the immigration web site till it turns to I think Decision Successful within 5 days you should recieve your ITA by post. We waited 4 months as there was a back log.

Keep smiling - the time will race by

Hi Geekpie,
    We were selected from the pool on the 23rd April & have also since heard nothing.

I haven't got a job offer. I have 140 points.

The NZIS London Branch website states...
    Skilled migrant applicants without job offers:
    Your Expression of Interest (EOI) will be assessed within three months of being selected from the pool. We will then contact you, either inviting you to apply for residence or requesting further information.

Not long now for us then!
    I don't think you need worry on the, not EVER hearing anything back front.
    Best of luck
    James

What if it’s all a lie and immigration.gov.nz actually base EOI selection, issue of ITA’s and PR, on how many times you login to their website and check your status.
    Hang-on that can’t be right ether, because I’d surly be a NZ cabinet member by now.
    It must be alphabetical, that makes me one of the last.
    Am I unhinged if I check my status more than once a day?
    What time of day does it update anyway?
    Can I get therapy for this new obsessive compulsion of mine on the state in NZ?

We were selected on the 26.th April 2007 and got the ITA on the 9th June - more than 6 weeks. This was with 160 points and a job offer in a skills shortage area. On the website they tell you it takes 10 working days with a job offer. No way. Maybe they have a backlog to get rid of...
    Anyway: be patient, it'll arrive eventually!

Thanks for all these useful replies.

Let's say things eventually get moving and some time in the future I get the Work Permit, what is the period of time within which one has to arrive in NZ?

You guys are wonderful. I have just started the EOI, so now at least I won't be worried when it takes 6 weeks or so to hear back (if I get chosen).

Mishel

Quote Originally Posted by james the mechanic View Post
    What if it’s all a lie and immigration.gov.nz actually base EOI selection, issue of ITA’s and PR, on how many times you login to their website and check your status.
    Hang-on that can’t be right ether, because I’d surly be a NZ cabinet member by now.
    It must be alphabetical, that makes me one of the last.
    Am I unhinged if I check my status more than once a day?
    What time of day does it update anyway?
    Can I get therapy for this new obsessive compulsion of mine on the state in NZ?
    I HEAR YA! ROFL
    Except if its alphabetical we would be first, and that hasn't been the case
    We got selected on 9 May and still nothing.........
    My OH phoned for an update last week and was told that they were running behind a little and we would hear in 2-3 weeks.
    I guess the waiting continues......

Thanks red that's very useful. Please keep us posted.

When I was in NZ house in london yesterday I was told that they had had a couple of busy weeks up to end of July due to increase in prices from 1st Aug, having said that we didn't wait long from eio selected to ita recieved, but then we had a job offer.

Hope you hear something soon.

J

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast