Thread: How long did it take for your container to arrive?

Default How long did it take for your container to arrive?

We have just found out that the container that was supposed to be arriving on the 3rd Jan is still sitting on the docks in Singapore. The container was packed on the 29th October so it has already taken over 60 days so far. The container didn't actually leave Southampton until the 28th Nov due to 'the port being busy'.

Before I have a go at PSS I would be very interested to find out how long the container took to arrive for people who left the UK after the end of October (or when they are expected to arrive).

the only experience of container shipments that I have is outside your time bracket. last January it took 28 days from loading in Tilbury to delivery in Auckland for our daughters container. last may it took just under 6 weeks tilbury to delivery in Riccarton chch. Way I understood it they shouldn't leave the ship if its loaded correctly at the beginning, just a bit of on board shuffling at each port.

our container was packed 27th October and we were quoted upto 14 weeks as delays were known at singapore. Allied pickfords in the uk told us the boat was due to dock 28th December so we contacted the local office in Auckland and they do not have any confirmation yet that the boat has docked as soon as the new year holiday is over we will chase them again to see if it has arrived.
    Our container should be on the " Sydney Express" cargo ship

Quote Originally Posted by SteveR
    our container was packed 27th October and we were quoted upto 14 weeks as delays were known at singapore.
    14 weeks :eek I hate to think what state my car would be in after that long.

I phoned PSS last night and they told me that the container is on a boat and will be arriving on the 7th Jan.

When I pointed out that there were no P&O boats arriving on that date the lady went back and checked with them again and they now agree that it is indeed still sitting on the dock in Singapore

PSS are saying that it is out of their hands and that P&O control container movement. I am not convinced about that as P&O's website has a 'book a slot on a boat' feature for shippers. I suspect I am being spun a series of lies to cover up mistakes made by PSS.

The earliest it can arrive now is the 17th Jan and that assumes that it makes it on to the boat leaving on the 2nd - which isn't likely.

I phoned P&O today and they aren't too impressed at being blamed for the delay. As far as they are concerned they can only see a booking to Singapore.

just google searched for the "sydney Express" and its a P&O chartered ship so went on P&O website and you can track the vessel and it left Sydney, Australia today and arrives in auckland on the 4th of Jan

although the GPS live data tracking the ship shows it off the coast of California :eek although the last update was in october :eek but the sailing times shows it arrived sydney yesterday and sailed for brisbane today before crossing the tasman to Auckland to arrive on the 4th

well at least its not far away and its been well travelled, just hope its all ok and customs get it cleared quickly.

it also shows that the ship never goes anyware near Singapore so if Pickfords tell us it was delayed there then I know they are lying and that the delay was them as the container sat at tilbury docks (london) for a month as the ship didnt leave there till 1st December.

Yipee

Hot off the P&O website

Quote Originally Posted by P&O
    This container is also nominated for the following voyage.
    Nomination Details
    Vessel Name P&O NEDLLOYD REGINA
    Voyage Id RGN4251
    Event Date 01-JAN-2005
    Event Location SINGAPORE
    ETA Date 17-JAN-2005 At Location LYTTELTON

I will be even happier if it actually gets on the boat. It is due to leave Singapore on the 2nd.

Looks like a few hassling phone calls may have worked.