Thread: Children's shoes?

Default Children's shoes?

Does anyone know where to get childrens Clarkes or Start-Right shoes in Auckland? I've only seen a thread about shops in Chrsitchurch so far. Also, are there any other 'decent quality' brands available here, and where? My daughter has really narrow ankles and quite wide feet, so at her age (4) trainers fall straight off her feet when she walks....shame as warehouse is full of decent cheap trainers at the moment!

Not sure whereabouts in Auckland you are, but there are these guys in Ponsonby, that do Clarks and other quality kids shoes, not for the faint hearted as they are not cheap! They have a North Shore store too.

http://www.futurefeet.com/index.html

I have found some nice ones in Number 1 shoe warehouse, but you have to hunt about.

There's a future feet in Hamilton too, I love it.

Hi

I spent the best part of last summer here trying to find good quality and well fitting shoes for my children, especially my then 2 yr old who has a very wide fitting. If you do find clarks or rightstart (they are about) the shop still wont measure the kids up, it is just not the done thing here, i did find an old plastic and tape effort measuring device in a couple of shops but no one knew how to read it!? - kiwis don't really "do" shoes - preferring the bare foot look, fine in summer - sometimes, but not very practical me thinks. Any way i eventually rang home (uk) and got Grandma on the case same fitting next size up clarks please and she posted 2 pairs back to me - sorted, fit like a glove.

Sue

Thanks....are kids shoes also sized in UK sizes? So far, everything i have looked at has been all over the place...some US sizes, some UK, some Euro sizes. There does not seem to be much consistency. Will try future feet....we are in West Auckland, so both Ponsonby and North Shore are just as easy to get to. Not so hot on the driving though...will get some confidence back eventually...getting used to having an automatic car, larger than we had in UK. Keep putting my foot down for a clutch that is not there. It is very offputting trying to drive different car with 3 noisy sprogs in the back. Do you know which of the stores is easiest to access in terms of easy parking nearby?

I also got my mum to post out shoes too as I had trouble to find shoes fit my dd's small feet! I just draw around her feet at 90 degree with pencil so you are cover the heels etc and post back to UK to find out what size she is.
    Then my mum find nice shoes for me in fact my dd is due for next size soon, so better to organise feet pattern again

Good idea!

Milford is probably easiest in terms of parking as its in a kind of indoor mall with car parks outside. Although I find the place a bit depressing.

The Ponsonby Future Feet has a slightly better range and I know the staff there will measure feet, in fact they went through 8 pairs before they were convinced they had found the right fit for my son.

Its not as easy to park though as its near a main crossroads with Ponsonby Road. But Ponsonby has some great cafes! Check out this link to see what is near by:

http://www.ponsonbyroad.co.nz/ponson...me/default.asp

Its a great site with several virtual tours of Auckland Roads.

Oh and if your daughter is into Fairy stuff check out the Fairy Shop a bit further up Ponsonby Road (quick drive or 15 minute walk), its small but girlie heaven and you can hold parties there hosted by a real life fairy.

www.thefairyshop.co.nz/index.aspx

Be prepared to spend a lot. I tend to buy trainers/shoes from Future Feet, but things like sandals from the Warehouse.

Cheers

Tia

Just tell person who doing shoes shopping for you that pattern done by 90 degree, so she can explain to shop assistant. First time, my mum got confused with shop assistant's questions even i was following clarkes' instruction of drawing the feet at 90 degree!! (it mention on their website!) eventually did worked out

Made it to Future Feet in Ponsonby at the weekend!
    What a fab shop....brilliant choice and brilliant customer service. Anyone else out there looking for kids shoes....give the place a go...they may not be the cheapest around, but much better than trying to spend time trawling around looking for decent quality shoes....thankyou for those who recommended the place