Thread: Job search

Default Job search

In our quest for a job in New Zealand we keep stumbling onto NewJobz. Dutch immigration forums keep warning me NOT to fall for it. They keep telling that NewJobz is a fraudulent practice!

Is there anyone who actually has experience with NewJobz? Positive or negative. Desperately seeking reactions

Evelien

AT the top of the page there is a "Search Old Forum". CLick that and type in Newjobz. Sorry I don't know how to put a link here, but there is loads of discussion on them. I never found anyone prepared to say anything good, but couldn't find anyone who said they used them either.

good luck

alex

thanks!
    Evelien

I believe newjobz is legit - but their prices are steep!

I signed up for associate membership and two weeks later got some info on NZ in the form of 3 booklets, an audio tape and a CDROM. I didn't find those very useful especially if you can get all the info you need from the web (and from this wonderful forum!).

Associate membership also buys you a personalized CV which they prepare for you from information you provide. On top of that, you get to apply for core membership.

After considering the price for core membership, however - which is NZD$5997 plus a membership fee of NZ$69/week x 12 months :eek, I decided not to go for it. Of course they guarantee your money back if they don't get you a job in 120 days but with the current low unemployment in NZ, I think it shouldn't be too difficult to get a job on my own.

- Art

Default newjobsnz

thanks for the tip! what about the relocation package from newkiwi? they say it costs USD299, and everything is there, i forget though if it includes finding a job for you.

annie

The nukiwi packs mention nothing about getting you a job.

You do get a spanking new cap .

- Art

LOL, art, WELL then!!! A cap!!! Spanking new, even!!!

Thanks for giving me a lovely morning chuckle... and welcome to the forum, btw!!

All the best, Rae

I am in the same position as Art but we are planning on going over there and then use them for a job. Why?

Well how much does it cost to get to interviews. renting, moving around the place not knowing where you are going to settle?

Probably not far off the price of the agency fee. So within two weeks you can be bringing home a pay packet or taking that journey to your next job interview in the hope that they will employ you and support your application for a work permit.

The house is on the market so hopefully my son will have his 8th birthday (xmas eve) in NZ - it will certainly make a change him having his birthday in the summer I'll tekk yer. :cool