Thread: UK Electricians wanted

Thumbs up UK Electricians wanted

I'm refreshing my last thread posted August last year......

We are a medium sized Electrical Engineering and Contracting company located in Hamilton (Waikato) approx 130km's south of Auckland.
    We predominantly carry out medium to large scale commercial and some light industrial construction work and currently have 30 staff. We also carry out voice / data cabling, install heat pump air-conditioning units, manufacture switchboards and are agents for an Australian made, intelligent lighting control system (Dynalite).

The stories I have read on this site are generally all true - there is a huge shortage of skilled tradesmen in NZ and, like a number of other companies, we are now looking to the UK to employ. We have had four British immigrants and couple of the "likely lads" from Ireland start with us in the last 2 years - all are great guys and valued assetts to our company. We have a further guy we have employed who is just waiting for a house sale before emigrating.

But we need more!!

There has been a little bit of a "softening" in the NZ construction market over the past 12 months or so but I believe this is more of change from "absolutely ballistic" to "manageable" for most companies.
    However this softening is not being seen in the Waikato - we are fully booked through to March next year and have solid orders for the next 12 months. A substantial amount of the development work that has been happening in our region has been private development and the government is just starting to release funding for their developments (Polytech, University and Hospital redevelopments are all just starting to happen now)

I'm looking to employ at least 3 more electricians for our operation in Hamilton (Waikato) - central upper North Island.

Applicants need to have at least 6-8 years post apprenticeship experience in the commercial construction field, be team players with a "can do" attitude, experienced with working with and training apprentices and have a sound understanding of occupational safety and health issues in the workplace.

The minimum electrical qualifications we are looking for are;
    JIB Approved Electrician
    Elect. Installation Cert C+G 2360 parts 1 & 2
    IEE Wiring Regs 16th edition C+G 2380
    Inspection & Testing cert C+G 2391

Any experience in the voice / data wiring or HVAC electrical / controls would be a distinct advantage.

I need to make it clear that we are not looking for industrial maintenance / plant electricians (sorry about that for some chaps!).

I am travelling to the UK in early October and, while there, will interview candidates at certain locations - alternatively we can do it by phone or video conference.

Please forward all CV's via email to keith@wcw.co.nz

A little bit more about our company can be found on our website www.wcw.co.nz along with a link to the local Tourism Waikato website so you can get an idea of what the region has to offer.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Keith O'Sullivan
    Managing Director
    Ward Chandler Waikato Ltd.

I would like to help Keith with his recruitment drive whether it be from here in NZ, or from the shores of the UK. My best friend who i have known for 40 yrs and here, is currently employed by Keith and enjoys working for the company. Keith will not mess any of you around. If he genarally wants you then he'll take you i'm sure of that, and i'm sure he is a patient employer who understands the delays that can be created from immigration problems, and all the way down to house selling in the UK.

If there are sparkies looking in on this site and are in need of that elusive job offer to get those points up, or to succeed in your WP application then give Keith a whirl

Kim