Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Dunedin

Default Moving to Dunedin

Hello everyone. Just found this site, my mate Funkstar Deluxe sent me the link. Looks like a real friendly site, with loads of useful information.

My husband had been offered a job in Dundedin so we are off once all the paperwork has been sorted on a talent visa. I'll sort my self out a job when I get there .....

Just had all the medicals and police checks done and will be submitting the visa application proper this week.

Just need to sell the house now .... just put it on the market. So hopefully we'll be off in the next couple of months ....

Hi miffy and welcome aboard, Its good to see fellow dunedites on this forum.

First one to dunners gets the beers

Dan

Welcome Miffy,
    Loads of friends here offering personal experiences, good advice, opinions and so on.
    keep reading and you'll learn more here than you can imagine. before long you too will be dishing out advice and so on.
    I have just had a call tonight from a recruiter in Dunedin regarding my trip in Feb. i now have my first interview arranged hooray! be it with a recruiter and not an employer, but i am ecstatic.

Whats you and you husband do?

Dan,
    I'm there on the 16th Feb and i like lager! Will you be at the pub before me?

John.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimbo
    Whats you and you husband do?
    ops: Not entirely sure .... :

He says he is a draughtsman and uses CAD. I think he draws building plans and road designs etc.

Well done on the job interview!

Rimbo,

mines a budweiser please, keep it cool for me I may be some time. If the buyers sell tommorow it will be early march arrival at least. My saviour sister has just been sacked from her job so she wont be renting my place and I now wont be able to go earlier.

make that a whiskey instead.

sit and wait thats all I can do.

Dan

I my still be there in March!

John

Welcome to the forum Miffy. Lots of really experienced people around here to answer questions, fill in gaps or just shoot the breeze with!! Just so you know, I'm a Kiwi, have lived in the UK for eight years. Hubby is English and we are planning on uprooting our two kids and our two mad cats and heading to NZ sometime in the next year or so. We plan on heading for Auckland cos thats where my parents are.

Debs

hi
    we are off to dunedin on monday to see whats about ,we will take some pic's so you can see what its like .
    have you been there before?
    can anyone tell us some good places to stay and see in dunedin.

Iain and Liz

There's a good tourist office in the main square (called the Octagon actually) in the town hall building.

Most visitors would do some of the following:

day trip out to peninsular
    visit the albatross centre
    visit the penguins (both blue and yellow eyed varieties)
    walking tour of historic buildings around city
    world's steepest street
    swim and meal at St Clair beach
    chocolate factory tour
    Speights brewery tour (no budweisers here!!!)
    Larnachs castle
    Walk in botanic gardens
    Museum
    Art gallery

so there is plenty to do.

There are plenty of good motels around, we personally liked the Alhambra Oaks where we stayed in our first days.

Drop us a line if you want to catch up for a quick coffee and I can give you some local advice.

Cheers..

thanks macs gold
    sounds like there is enough to do especialy the chocolate
    you will have to send us a pm with your number so we can meet up while we are there.
    how long have you been there?
    i am really excited and cant wait to get down there to have a look ,i just hope i wont be to disapointed as i imagine it being farm's and a lot smaller then chch city still a little like chch but more rustic and more charm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast