Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bare Feet?

We were the same as kids, bare feet all the time and as an adult I still can't wait to get home and get my shoes off, I wander around outside in bare feet all the time so I'm going to love it in NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Familyofmonkeys View Post
    Still getting used to seeing people bare foot everywhere we go.
    So, obviously showing my ignorance here, and of course I'm not there yet. But what do you do when you get back into your house? Do you wash your feet each time?

I think the main thing I'd find off-putting is that I constantly here tell my kids to take off their shoes as soon as they enter the house, and preferably would never ever wear street shoes inside. So how do you deal with that? Can't tell your guests to put some clean inside shoes ON when they come in I guess.

Just wondering,

Daniela

I live in bare feet unless I go outside the boundaries of my property, then I put shoes on, although I did drive round to my friends house the other day and did not realise till i got there that I had no shoes!

People mostly take their shoes off before they come into your house here, as that is the local custom. As for the dirty bare feet, not sure what the answer to that one is.....

put a disinfectant foot bath at the front door

I'm not sure of the reason for it...just a laid back mentality I think. I remember walking around the mall as a kid in NZ with bare feet....I remember walking through the car park (parking lot) barefooted....supermarket, etc., etc. We never worried about the dirt coming into the house (though I'm sure my aunt would have! She was a little more up tight about that stuff).

A lot of chinese people we knew had a bunch of slip on/slipper things in a basket at the door that visitors would put on when they came into the house after taking off their shoes.

I love walking bare feet in my home and of my property too .
    I would never do the same out side in public areas.
    I am scared of fungous and infections.

Our kids very quickly went bare foot on our reccy, copying other kids. Still do back in UK at home but not in supermarkets! Found it very cold underfoot in NZ supermarkets, so no lingering once inside!
    When I told people back home about it they asked repeatedly about glass and verrucca's and didn't we get affected by both? Do people/ kids get cuts or verrucca's more?
    Seems far better to me for kids to wear no shoes for the majority of the time; feet can be splayed naturally with no pressure to shape the foot to fit the shoe. Far too much advertising here for parents to buy first shoes very early for young babies, lots of attractions in store that could make parents feel they should buy shoes as soon as possible.

Was in Tesco's last Saturday in Blandford Forum (Dorset, UK) and saw someone (late 30s guy) in bare feet - first time I've seen it in the UK! away from the seaside.

I enjoy being barefoot whenever possible, but working on building sites doesnt allow for it obviously.
    It amazes me to see the youngsters here running around on sharp volcanic rock with bare feet. I HAVE to have some form of shoes for that.

My son has had a crop of nasty verucas on his feet for a while - we have had a real job shifting them - we went on holiday he was bare foot for most of the time and most of them (he had about 10) have gone. he just has 1 now and even that is going !!!!

hels

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast