Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bare Feet?

Default Bare Feet?

Still getting used to seeing people bare foot everywhere we go. Have you adapted to this habit, or still find it something you would not bring yourself to do?

At first, I was horrified to see school children in bare feet, especially in the rain, but we've been here 6 months now and every day when my daughter comes out of school, the shoes are off, regardless of rain, cold etc. Her feet have toughened up considerably and she manages to walk on the roughest pavement, without complaining. I haven't braved it myself, yet. maybe in the summer...
    K

Quote Originally Posted by Familyofmonkeys View Post
    Still getting used to seeing people bare foot everywhere we go. Have you adapted to this habit, or still find it something you would not bring yourself to do?
    When we were in Southend (UK) a couple of years ago, there were notices up everywhere in shops along the front saying NO bare feet etc.
    I think in the Uk once again it is a health and safety thing.
    Certainly in our local Pak'nsave we have seen several people bare footed. Lets hope thay have no veruccas etc.
    Personally I do not feel comftable walking around outside bare footed. I suppose after a while your feet will get accustomed to it.

Dave and Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by Familyofmonkeys View Post
    got used to see it but not try it myself yet. Only problem is my ds now trying to be "kiwi" by not wearing shoes!! Often picked him up from kindy to find them not wearing shoes on

My kids always loved bare feet, and I like it too. But not when it's cold or wet.

My oldest son (14) wears shoes all the time. The youngest boy hates wearing shoes now, whatever the weather!

I would say half the kids at my daughter's school go bare foot during the day, even in the winter.

I think the English have a thing about it because not wearing shoes was always considered a sign of poverty, just like not wearing a hat outdoors used to be 100 years ago. I know it still shocks my inlaws when they visit, but we don't even notice anymore.

I find this whole barefoot thing quite amusing! I grew up in the Appalachain mountains of Virginia. As children, we ran around in our bare feet all the time in the neighborhood (except in the fall and winter, of course). It had nothing to do with the fact that we were poor, either. It just felt comfortable.

As a grown up, I still love to get out in the yard in my bare feet, but I would never go to the store without shoes. That would seem weird! (Besides, I LOVE shoes!)

In NZ, is the no shoes thing mostly a kid thing, a native kiwi thing, a class thing, a school thing, or what?? Would you, for example, see people of all incomes, careers, and ages without their shoes? Just curious!

Default Liberated Feet!!

For the past three months I've been in flip-flops or barefoot nearly all the time. I love it!! And I've gotten so I want the flip-flops off everytime I sit down. I just don't like things on my feet. I'm gonna like the no shoe thing.

Trainers costing what they do, I'm glad that bare feet are an option!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast