Thread: Moving to Hamilton!

Default Moving to Hamilton!

Hurrah!!!

After weeks of deliberating and 'phone interviews I finally decided to go for it and accepted a job in Hamilton. After a few days of great excitement that I'm actually doing this - back to earth with a bump......HUGE amount of form filling now needs to be done if I'm gonna make it out there in time to start my job in November!

Not to mention how to pare my belongings down to 20kgs - I could probably use that allowance just with my shoes (I am a 25 year old girl after all and I have my priorities!) Anyway I've seen some really useful threads on here about shipping small amounts of stuff so I reckon I'll be alright.

Anyway, just wanted to share the excitement and panic. Am off to give away more of my stuff and persuade my parents to give up the spare bedroom as storage!

Bye for now

Welcome, shoefan, err, kimifan I am sure you will find lots of friendly folks to help you with all the needed info. You will also find forumites who too have sizeable collection of shoes of their own. Do women trade shoes like young boys do with their hockey cards in Canada? Hmmm, there is an idea to "bring variety to one's repository"!

Congrats Jo

There are a fair few of us in and around Hamilton so you wont be lonley for long!!!

Welcome Jo

We live near Hamilton and love the area, hope you will too. Just shout if you need anything.

Jo

Jo, good on yer! Good to see you accepted. As the others have said, anything you need, just ask.

Steve

Hi Jo,

We are arriving in Hamilton October and (without ever visiting NZ ) so if you want to meet up with fellow newbies when you arrive send us a PM