Thread: Low cost Form 1007 Medicals in Wellington?

Default Low cost Form 1007 Medicals in Wellington?

I am trying to find a cheap (cheaper than $400 NZD) cost medical center or doctor here in Wellington to get my NZ Form 1007 done. Does anyone know of any places in here Wellington that are reasonbly priced? If yes, please let know the name, tele # and/or physical address of the place..

I am sure this is beat to death subject, but I don't see keyword search function here.. thanks guys!

John

Hi John, are you talking costs for just the medical itself or including blood tests and x-rays?

We paid $300 per person just for the medical at Mana Medical Practice at Plimmerton - but have since been told that this was expensive.

Someone on another post said that they paid $90 in Otago so it does seem to vary quite a lot.

Sure many others would have got their medicals done in the Wellington region.

Ian

I was talking about the entire deal.. medical, blood tests and X-ray. I got a quote for a medical alone for $200 @ Island Bay Medical Centre. With the blood test and Xray, it's a grand $$ total of $400 NZD.

Eeesh. I even have great private medical insurance at work here in Welly and still it's not covered. Oh well.. .. time to ante up and open my wallet to the govt of NZ... <again>

cheers,

John

I just had my medicals done in Wellington at the beginning of August and they cost the following (in NZD):

Peninsula Medical Center in Miramar - $235
    Pacific Radiology in Newtown - $95.40
    Aotea Pathology - $137.59

Sorry i might be slightly thick here why do you need these medicals have we missed something else out we may need in nz? g

Quote Originally Posted by holland View Post
    Sorry i might be slightly thick here why do you need these medicals have we missed something else out we may need in nz? g
    You are not the only thick one here. According to Johns past posts he has already had his medicals passed, so now I'm a bit baffled now, but I am sure he will be able to put our minds at rest.

Dave and Caroline

Default Hey just clarify...

Yes I did pass my medicals back in July 9th when I got my 30 month WTR visa approved. I am here now in Welly and filling out my ITA for my PR now. I need to re-do form 1007 all over again because my last medicals expired on July 10th.... fun eh? grrrrr

Ces les vie?

I am happy though because I am living here in Welly, working at a cool well paying job and have a new wonderful girlfriend. Life is finally good...

-John

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline and Dave View Post
    You are not the only thick one here. According to Johns past posts he has already had his medicals passed, so now I'm a bit baffled now, but I am sure he will be able to put our minds at rest.

Dave and Caroline

I just went to Pacific Radiology today for the same price.
    I am going to Island Bay Medical Centre for my medical itself for $200.
    I am going to Aotea for my blood work too.. that price looks about right...

cheers...
    John

Quote Originally Posted by slw View Post
    I just had my medicals done in Wellington at the beginning of August and they cost the following (in NZD):

Peninsula Medical Center in Miramar - $235
    Pacific Radiology in Newtown - $95.40
    Aotea Pathology - $137.59