Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Certified copies

Default Certified copies

Hi, can anyone just clear this up for me?

Is a certified copy a photocopy of an original document eg passport which is then signed by a JP, Solicitor or Notary Public? My husband does not want to send in his original degree certificates so can he send in photocopies signed by one of these people??

Also, over the years I have lost my degree certificate, marriage certificate and full birth certificate. I have applied to the relevant authorities to get copies - are these then already certified copies or do I have to get those signed by a JP, Solicitor or Notary Public as well?

Thanks for your help again!

Sarah

"Is a certified copy a photocopy of an original document eg passport which is then signed by a JP, Solicitor or Notary Public?"

Yes you are correct. Anything you want to send a copy of needs to be certified in this manner if it is specified on the application.

Good luck!

Paul

Default Yes, just look at what they ask for.

Sometimes they don't accept certified copies I noticed. You may have to send the original, so make sure you use registered post of a courier or something more secure.
    The new "copies" you get will basically act as your originals so you can get "certified copies" of them to send away.
    Gina

Thank you both that's cleared it up totally
    Sarah

For some documents, you can get your local police station to do certified copies for free. We got our passports done at local station, and they were more than happy to do it.

If you have lost degree certificates, they can issue you a replacement rather than a copy, but the fee for this is quite high.

Another question regarding certified copies.

We are trying to expedite an anticipated ITA;

Will they want copies of transcripts from the university or are notarized ones ok?
    Also, how about Birth Certificates - original issue from the state, or notarized copies ok?

Thanks all,

Chris

Generally a Diploma (US term for a degree) is enough for a proof of skilled qualification. If you do have a copy, go ahead and submit it. Other wise a CTC (Notarized) or no transcript would do.

I would not send my original Birth certificate.

Note that CTC (Certified True Copy) is a highly regarded document and is totally accepted by INZ provided that it is certified by a Solicitor, a lawyer or other authorized bodies in one's country.

Hope this helps.

However beware of the cost of getting certified copies. I had to get some for my nurse registration (not yet sent EOI) and it cost me £5 per copy. If you can get it done for free please let me know where

Just send the originals by registered post, I did, not a problem (in UK)
    Had to get a full birth certificate though, the ones with your mother and father details, as the shortened versions didn't count.

Good luck all of you.

Our bank in the UK (Nationawide), did certified copies for free. Just popped in with the photocopies and originals and they did it - no appointment necessary.

Cheers

Tia
    Last edited by Tia Maria; 16th September 2007 at 01:21 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast