Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Lifestyle" Property? Definition of?

I grew up on a 10 acre block from age 3-13 and from a kids point of view it's wonderful.
    We spent all our time in gumboots (wellies for your UK types) and had our own ponies, hens, goats, pigs, cows and sheep at various times (my Dad was a butcher so the livestock was a great way for him to self-supply his shop)

It is a massive amount of work - not just like a big garden you can consider weeding now and then - but if you are prepared to graft it can be a great lifestyle choice.

I'm amazed at the price of that property. You'd pay same, if not more, to live in a place like that round here..... and I thought it was way more expensive up there...

I live in a house with 10 acres known as lifestyle block, south of christchurch. Yes it is big job involved as need to look after your land, fencing, brook etc as well as looking after animals etc.
    Due to I got three young children (youngest is three weeks old), my OH is looking after lands etc by himself at the moment which take all his time over weekend while he work during week....
    He is also currently doing lifestyle block course at agri-college which is very helpful (Helen, how did woz get on with fencing course??)
    Before you buy lifestyle block, think careful that are you prepare to spent time on your block every weekend....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12